PDA

View Full Version : New to Genoma- Difficulties with rig.



Kishkumen
07-13-2015, 12:53 PM
I created a basic rig using Genoma. It seemed to work at first, but it's hard to navigate. So I renamed some Skelegons in the left front leg and assigned them weight maps. I tried the update the rig and nothing happened.

So I cleared the scene and pressed Create Rig. That's when everything broke. I was met with a "Line 74, invalid object method getTag()" warning box. The rig created but with only three IK goals. The right front leg had no goal null, the hierarchy is broken, with bones pointing in a random direction. The renamed bone in the left front leg has no IK settings and will not move. The right rear leg is affected by the front left goal but just jitters around. 128924

RebelHill
07-13-2015, 01:04 PM
Dont go renaming the components (skelegons) of the parts, leave them as per default.

As for the update thing, its usually good (provided you havent made a mess in modeller)... but regenerating from scratch is easy enough otherwise.

Kishkumen
07-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the reply! This brings up two more questions:
• How do I make sense of the rig in Layout if I can't rename skeletons in Modeler?
• How do I rename the skeleton back to reverse the issue?

RebelHill
07-13-2015, 02:01 PM
1... You cant very easily. Though you're free to then rename items themselves in layout, though that needs to be the last step after you've made all the necessary changes/fixes, called the rig "final", etc.
2... Unless you know exactly what the names, etc were beforehand, you cant, youll have to start afresh.

Kishkumen
07-13-2015, 02:30 PM
I deleted the offending leg and added a new one. That did the trick.

There are two major problems still:
•The thigh bones are set to point at a "ctrl_Target" parented to the foot goal null. But the "point at target" controller isn't working for some reason. This means the thigh bones are immobile.

•There are some "Generic_Py_ConvertTagsToNulls" which is probably the reason for "... the named object 'GenomaTags' does not exist". I did a scan directory for plug-ins with no effect.