PDA

View Full Version : Genoma - how do I apply a generic Skelegon name?

vncnt
07-12-2015, 04:20 PM
I've placed my own rig part in
C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave_2015.2\support\genoma\rigs\ Rig Parts\Facial_rig_parts\facial_tissue_slider.lwo

When I load this preset via the Genoma Presets dialog a number of times, the Genoma Create Rig command can not work properly because of multiple skelegons with the same name.

Standard Genoma Rig Parts do not have this issue.
Is there a trick that I should use to enable Genoma to create unique names for skelegons in Modeler?

lino.grandi
07-13-2015, 03:49 AM
For Genoma 2 specific rigs, you need to define unique names for the skelegons.
Genoma 1 presets still works as before. You can also combine Genoma 1 and Genoma 2 presets, but any time you duplicate/add a Genoma 2 preset you need to rename all the elements in it, so they have unique names.

vncnt
07-13-2015, 12:48 PM
Ah, thanks Lino.
Unfortunately it´s still not working.

This is the lwo that I try to use in LW2015.2 Modeler/GenomaPresets: 128923

When I copy it 3 times OR when I load it 3 times, add a mesh, send it to Layout and press Create Rig, there is a message: "Line 479, the named object ´[ItemName]#Base#´ does not exist".

When I use it just once in a mesh it works fine.

When I rename the skelegons to another language the error is still there.

I thought it would be possible to use a Genoma Preset multiple times in a mesh, without renaming anything at all.

RebelHill
07-13-2015, 01:34 PM
I believe you'll find that you have to rename all the components of each copy to be individual, not just within that one copy, but across all copies present.

vncnt
07-13-2015, 02:07 PM
I believe you'll find that you have to rename all the components of each copy to be individual, not just within that one copy, but across all copies present.

Then what would be the added value of the Genoma2 Presets system?

vncnt
07-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Even worse:

Before you copy a set of skelegons, in Genoma Properties you need to remove all Goal Objects and Pos/Rot/Sca Items, and then re-apply them once copied.
Via the pulldown listbox.
Even if the names of those items seem to be correct.

If you don't, Layout will crash during rig generation.