PDA

View Full Version : Animated Kiss musical recruiting 3D consultant

Underdog
07-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Dear senior 3D artist,

Kiss is one of the most influential visual bands of rock history. Original manager Bill Aucoin and his creative team – Creative Director Dennis Woloch and Art Director Vincent DiGerlando at Howard Marks Advertising in NYC, revolutionized visual presentation of rock bands.

With the help of Woloch and DiGerlando - a team of proven professionals, including myself, have set out to make the Kiss movie that never was. «Music from the Elder» was Kiss’ 1981 concept album. At the time of release, the mainstream rock audience among Kiss’ fans rejected the prog-rock inspired album, and because of it the band cancelled the movie.

We plan to finance the movie through crowd funding. Shortly before we kick off the campaign – planned for late fall 2015, we will release our film demo. It is for the purpose of this demo that we now are recruiting a 3D consultant.

We have already finished all modeling work, texturing, and are in the process of completing scene setup, rigging and lighting. However, the project would benefit immensely from someone who can improve the existing material – e.g. make movements more realistic and fluent, add face morphs to the most important characters, and improve effects like fire and smoke bombs.

As we already handle production, your contribution would not take much time out your schedule. However, advice needs to be to the point and hands on. At this stage everyone on the team are volunteering. This opportunity is good for someone with senior animation skills, looking for a vehicle to promote his name in an already up and running project.

You will become part of the team; have your name in the end-credits, on marketing materials and online. If our crowd funding-campaign succeeds, we will pay you on a per-hour basis in relation to the full production.

Download the project introduction here (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B67mcTngHW8HfmpvdWRJbmhyZkt4MFJ3QmR xeFlNNHpYclo1RnpKMjJPVWNjaGxSWTJyMlU&usp=sharing), and make sure to visit our Facebook-page (https://www.facebook.com/TheElderLive) and website (http://elderlive.com/). Once we have connected with the right artist, we will offer more necessary materials.

Looking forward hearing from You! Contact using FB or write us at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Řivind Jensen
The Elder Live

P.S. Please note that all test renders provided are work in progress.

wesleycorgi
07-11-2015, 08:31 AM
I don't like Kiss, but always loved a good "rock opera" (Quadrophenia, American Idiot, etc.). Good luck with the project and crowdfunding.

ianr
07-11-2015, 09:37 AM
So U want a T.D. for nothing?

I thought that Gene Simmons boasts of his

business sharpness & acumen in marketing?

Ask him buy you a T.D.'s time as you have got this far,Hmmm?

Cos its that last 10% of moves that cost the juice!

BTW is this a LW & Zbrush, whats the meshes format?:lwicon:

Underdog
07-12-2015, 08:07 PM
So U want a T.D. for nothing?

I thought that Gene Simmons boasts of his

business sharpness & acumen in marketing?

Ask him buy you a T.D.'s time as you have got this far,Hmmm?

Hi ianr,

Thank you for the comment.

It does not work like that: The music industry is down and out. These days - if you want to do something like this - you will pay the artist a licensing fee for using their trademark.

We are still at the demo stage, I give no guarantees that the full movie will happen. That depends upon the result of the crowdfunding-campaign.

We are trying our best with what we have. It is a lot of fun, but being understaffed - to put it mildly - makes it an extremely time consuming activity.

Everything is LW and Zbrush, and other software will be used as we move forward.

Underdog
07-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Hi Top Dog!

I am not looking for someone who likes Kiss. We need a consultant to make improvements to existing rigs and general setup.

I imagine it would be a very quick job for someone with senior experience.

shrox
07-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Hi Top Dog!

I am not looking for someone who likes Kiss. We need a consultant to make improvements to existing rigs and general setup.

I imagine it would be a very quick job for someone with senior experience.

If it's rock n roll you want, I am the man.

https://vimeo.com/108869209

creacon
07-14-2015, 06:21 AM
It doesn't work like that either, you first have to acquire the rights to make a feature film based on this property. If you don't have those rights, you're wasting your time. Even an option on the rights could be a starting point.

creacon

Hi ianr,
It does not work like that: The music industry is down and out. These days - if you want to do something like this - you will pay the artist a licensing fee for using their trademark.

jwiede
07-14-2015, 12:32 PM
(deleted, appears they fixed issue)

danielkaiser
07-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Looks like he's not the only one. http://www.elderthemovie.com/

ianr
07-15-2015, 05:53 AM
Thanks Creacon , Well Bangkok as if I didn't know that either,
There was even a T.V. prog about Gene .S & his marketing.
So don't tell me it doesn't work that way, after some
famous Rights Assets I have failed to secure along the
road. There are alot of very experiened creatives on this
site,& we know about Smoke & Mirrors,thanks again Creacon.
Over & Out!

creacon
07-15-2015, 06:44 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying here.
Are you really thanking me, trying to offend me or something else?

creacon

Thanks Creacon , Well Bangkok as if I didn't know that either,
There was even a T.V. prog about Gene .S & his marketing.
So don't tell me it doesn't work that way, after some
famous Rights Assets I have failed to secure along the
road. There are alot of very experiened creatives on this
site,& we know about Smoke & Mirrors,thanks again Creacon.
Over & Out!

ianr
07-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Yes thanking you!, !!

For your post Really Thank you!

I should addressed it more clearly
to the guy in bangkok.

Underdog
07-16-2015, 02:48 AM
It doesn't work like that either, you first have to acquire the rights to make a feature film based on this property. If you don't have those rights, you're wasting your time. Even an option on the rights could be a starting point.

creacon

Sure, I admit we got the odds stacked against us, but right now we are focusing at finishing the demo. I am aware that a lot users on this forum produce animations at a more advanced (better) level than what we can achieve. Hopefully we can compensate for some of that by a thorough and accurate visual style that will please the fanatical fan-base of Kiss.