PDA

View Full Version : Any way to access CC edge sharpness thought scripting.. ??

graviel
07-10-2015, 07:32 AM
Hello,

After a decade with Mel and Maya's C++ API I am giving my first baby steps into LW's scripting.

Somehow I am finding difficulties with the documentation since I am not able to find information about a large amount of things, neither in LScript , neither in Phython. One of those things are CC edges, first I tried finding a ready made command for setting up cc sharpness from a script with no luck, and then I tried editing vertex maps thinking that CC sharpness was handled like subpath weight-maps but it simply does not work, obviously I fail to understand how is it implemented. Any insights? Does any body know how to affect edge sharpness, or knows where the actual documentation is located?

thanks!

3DGFXStudios
07-10-2015, 12:27 PM
I don't think CC sharpness working at all in the current version of LW so accessing it with a script is also useless if that would even be possible. Last time it worked you just had to change the weight map value to set the sharpness and that was with the normal subpatches.

graviel
07-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Umm in 11.6, osx version, it does work. I have been using it for modeling and it is satisfactory (detail/edges/set CC sharpness). But not with the weight maps. As well it broke when mirroring, but otherwise...