PDA

View Full Version : LW to AE only export 10 seconds?

ivanze
07-09-2015, 04:45 PM
I am sending a 20 seconds camera anim to after effects but it only exports 10 seconds. Is there a way to fix that??

Thanks for your help.

Lightwave 11.6.3 - 64 Bit. After Effects CC 2014.

BokadCastle
07-09-2015, 08:30 PM
It sounds like you're rendering to an animation file in LW.
Have you tried individual RGB files and bringing those into AE.
Perhaps render out small batches of frames and call each batch into AE in order.

3DGFXStudios
07-10-2015, 12:32 AM
check your render range.

Thomas Leitner
07-10-2015, 01:42 AM
check your render range.
I think 3DGFXStudios meens: Change the lenght of your composition in AE to 20 sec. and you will see that the camera motion will be the same lenght. LW creates a default composition in AE that always has the same lenght.

ciao
Thomas

ivanze
07-10-2015, 08:07 AM
That was it Thomas!! If you send a scene from LW and it opens After Effects automatically it only sends 10 seconds. But if you open After Effects first, create a comp with the length you want, go to LW and send the scene, it will send it with the length you just used in After Effects. Maybe it is a bug or a limitation but this is the workaround. I checked the manual but I didn't find any info about this.

Thanks for your help Guys!!

3DGFXStudios
07-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Yup! That was what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was in a hurry :D

Thomas Leitner
07-11-2015, 03:11 AM
That was it Thomas!! If you send a scene from LW and it opens After Effects automatically it only sends 10 seconds. But if you open After Effects first, create a comp with the length you want, go to LW and send the scene, it will send it with the length you just used in After Effects. Maybe it is a bug or a limitation but this is the workaround. I checked the manual but I didn't find any info about this.

Thanks for your help Guys!!

Hi,
you can change the lenght of the comp also after sending. LW exports the whole timeline.

ciao
Thomas