PDA

View Full Version : Layout can't find objects

azjwp
12-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Now for my next gripe...

Each time I open a scene in Layout, it says it can't find any object files. So I point to them and then Layout tries to load the next object, which is often another layer on the SAME object, so I have to point to the object again...

This happens EVERY time I open a scene... everything is fine after I do all that, but man it's annoying..

What's up with this? Is it a OS9 glitch again?

bloontz
12-04-2003, 03:50 PM
Lightwave uses the concept of a "Content Directory", or the directory where your current project is located. You set this in the menu item Layout/Options/Set Content Directory. It has a certain structure with scene, object, and somtimes other folders. Should be explained in the manual.

azjwp
12-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks but I set the content directory before I started the scene. Double checked it and it is still set to the proper folder.

toby
12-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Try it with the big Content folder that came with LW, will it load those scenes and objects?

ingo
12-05-2003, 02:29 AM
That happens to me too from time to time. Mostly its the usual MSWindows against Mac crap, LW doesn't accept Mac file names that contain strange (at least for Windows users) characters; renaming the file helped most of the time.
But youre right, its annoying that you have to show LW all layers by hand and it doesn't found the others automaticly when you pointed to the first one. Another annoying thing is that LW isn't able to found the last used folder, it always gets back to the content directory you have specified.