PDA

View Full Version : I wonder...default surface color?

prometheus
07-08-2015, 11:56 PM
this stumbles me...

Isnīt there a setting to set default surface color, so everytime I open modeler and start something I want my own pre-default setting.
I canīt see anyway to set that, and I am not sure it can be changed in config files, I had a look but couldnīt see it.

I simply want the best possible UI look and get going with the model at once without changing or picking new surface everytime...and I would also be glad if there was unlimited sketch color to choose from,(please implement that if possible) itīs a bit thin to choose from those 13 colors, one would like to fine tune the surface vs wireframe sketch color to the maximum UI satisfaction...and for that a full color set is needed.

I prefer to use black or white and grey as sketch color, but if I set it as grey or white, the default surface color is simply to bright in comparison to the sketch color...thus I need the surface color to be darker grey from scratch/default.

Michael

Andy Webb
07-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Under change surface there is an option to Make Default but it doesn't seem to stick, so when restarting modeller it's back to light grey again.

And yes more colour options would be more than welcomed. :D:thumbsup:

prometheus
07-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Under change surface there is an option to Make Default but it doesn't seem to stick, so when restarting modeller it's back to light grey again.

And yes more colour options would be more than welcomed. :D:thumbsup:

Yes..that make default is only per model session valid for creating surfaces, not the actual starting preference.

Yes..I hope they manage to do some serious ui work if possible, it really annoys me not being able to set good UI view cofigurations that would help focus on modeling Instantly rather then having to reconfigure surface of every object that I would like to start model or edit.

Sketch colors would of course be nice to have the full color range or hsv controls so we can have nice edge wireframes to work on with regards to the surface and edge, point selection colors of your liking, but foremost I am stumped that there isnīt any surface default setting preference control.

In the back of my head I am thinking there must be a way to save the modeler configuration with your desired surface as default, sketch colors though limited will save itīs choosen default anyway.

Michael

Amurrell
07-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Maybe have to make a feature request. This has bothered me for some time as well, and I always seem to be adjusting the color of the object to a more "acceptable" color.

jeric_synergy
07-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Didn't spot anything in the CFG file: FReq it. Good idea.

Might as well extend it while we're here: make it POSSIBLE for the first, ohhhh, twenty layers to EACH have a designated default color (after 20 they repeat). That would be conveniently discriminatory without ever having to open the Surface Editor at all.

User options could include the ability to define the text string used to designate these differing Surfaces. Thus the text string could either list the Layer ## (up to 20), OR could describe the Color, OR something else the user finds convenient.

(Making a bet with myself as to the pushback on this...)

zapper1998
07-10-2015, 09:16 AM
+1