PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for animating car easier.

4dartist
07-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Well, I was wondering if there was a way turn a null and have it's Z position rotate with it, so you could effectively just drive in Z while rotating around, but I couldn't find a solution for that.

Instead I realize since I have my rotation set between the back wheels, and cars pretty much are always oriented perpendicular to their path at the back axle, that I would try to animate the vehicles position at the back wheels sort of creating the motion path, and set heading to follow path. Then just set a key for heading every now and again and turn back off the align to path, so the heading is nice and smooth instead of slightly jerky.

Not perfect, but it works much better than just trying to force key everything and tweak until it looks right.

So I guess I answered my own question.

Marander
07-08-2015, 01:24 PM
In the ODToolset there is the Super Vehicle Setup Pro tool, this could automate your animation. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Lewis
07-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Olivers' SVSPro is best/easiest setup you can go. Works like charm, even has soem kind of suspension setup which is belivable enough.

I did this with few clicks in OD_SVSPro
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qk7mlnwf6cypw0i/BMW_CIT_MINI_chase_OCT.rar?dl=0

4dartist
07-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Holy crap, your lighting is fantastic. Thanks for the tips guys I'll definitely check that out.