PDA

View Full Version : Free dinosaur models and a new web site coming for Lightwave content

Edwardpickman
07-07-2015, 07:48 PM
To help promote the Kickstarter for the web site I'm giving away Sculptris and .obj models one a week for the next four weeks. In addition I threw in a couple of Trex mods, Alien Rex and Stegosaurus Rex, that can be downloaded now. I decided to give away my Sculptris Dimetrodon model as the first of four free dinosaur models. You'll need Dropbox to download it until I get the servers working. You can find a link to the free models on my Kickstarter page. Check out the video it shows other models that will be on the web site. There will be 24 or more dinosaur models at launch with a selection of contemporary animals. Rigged and mapped models will start showing up every week starting in September. The site will also have tiling textures and audio clips as well as game ready models. It's intended to be a full service site for film and game creation. The Kickstarter is for a pre beta with a final open beta in November, the final site will launch late 2016. There will be a wide selection of rigged and mapped models by the end of the year and I plan to keep adding to the Sculptris collection as well, I love working in Sculptris. The rigged and mapped models will also be available in Zbrush format so you can mod them or add your own textures. The only limitations are you can't repost them or sell the models otherwise feel free to use them in personal and professional projects. If you want to do the Kickstarter for $10 you get access until the end of the year then $10 a month after that. Not bad for a library of Sculptris models as well as rigged and ready to animate models in Lightwave, Blender and hopefully soon after launch Maya formats. LWO format will be one of the standard options for props and LWS for rigged models. It's unlimited downloads including sound clips and stock stills and video. Here's the link and a look at the first model as well as the Kickstarter link. There's a link to the free models on the Kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29474629/film-and-game-assets-30

Here's two modded Trex models. The regular Trex will be part of the launch.

Begather
07-08-2015, 01:49 AM
I have a silly question here about the dinosaur that do they really exists at time?

squarewulf
07-08-2015, 09:57 AM
These models are very high poly, and all tri's. These are intended assets for videogames?

JamesCurtis
07-08-2015, 10:46 PM
The site also mentions film.

kopperdrake
07-09-2015, 04:37 AM
I have a silly question here about the dinosaur that do they really exists at time?

I think the clue's in their names ;)

"Stegosaurus Rex" and "Alien Rex"

The Dimetrodon was real enough though :thumbsup:

Begather
07-31-2015, 07:23 AM
The site also mentions film.

Which film you are talking about?