PDA

View Full Version : Just a phone :)

Lewis
12-04-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi guys !

here is one of my latest non car model renders. It's SonyEricsson GSM phone - model T610. I hope you like it 'coz there is one special thing about this model (right Ben ;) ?).

Any comments are welcome.

Matt
12-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Awwwwww, Lewis!!! :( I was gonna do that phone (it's the one I own) and you beat me to it! :)

Very good (as usual! ;)

So, what's so special about it? Is it modelled using LW8 with new modelling features?

Do tell Lewis! :)

thekho
12-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Very nice model!

I think your wood floor needs more bump and very low reflection like real life, you don't see high reflection on woods but you can see very little reflection, because your floor look like flat and reflection looks high very much.

Anyway, i think your phone looks cool :)

cagey5
12-05-2003, 01:04 AM
Well there's 1 spot on the dice and two playing cards. 1 & 2 meaning Lightwave 8 is coming out on the twelth ..... or there is a number 30 on the alarm function meaning 8 is coming out on the 30th! :)

But then again I mey be getting a little stir crazy.

Oh... Great model btw Lewis.... As always.

veljko
12-05-2003, 01:19 AM
Kickass image!

i like it:)

good work

and all that

:)

RAZ
12-05-2003, 02:15 AM
Nice model and shiny surfacing, particularly the black bits. However, looks broader than the real thing and the lighting (along with the zoom) flattens the image too much IMHO. The screen looks like wallpaper, it needs a sharper more contrasted image I think. The timber background is a bit naff and jars with the mobiles asthetic. Nice attention to detail and overall an nicely illustrative feel to it but also feels old-hat, like it should be a tin of soup rather than the latest style icon in phones. That sounded all a bit harsh but it's just presentation tweeks really as seen by a third party...WTFDIK ;)

Mr-Wizard
12-05-2003, 02:57 AM
Great image Lewis! (as always ;) )

I think what the screen needs is to show the effect you get from viewing mobile screens from different angles. Usually the screen begins to change colour and the image begins to fade as the angle increases. Not sure how you would do it, but I'm you'll find a way.

Lewis
12-05-2003, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys, comments are welcome :)

BTW, about LCD it's really bad that when i save image to JPG you can't see tha ti made diffuse map for LCD which just shows pixels on screen (compression kills all of it but in TGA it's visible) :).

@cagey5 - nice theory :). But special thing in this phone is that i made complete modleing tutorial for LW8 content CD and it will be in PDF format on LW8. SO anyone will be able to see 40 A4 pages of detailed modeling process ;).

@RAZ - i agree about background but LCD is very very right and looks like real one (i have phoen near me on table ;)). I just didn't have any better wood texture in higher resolution so i just used this oen which can be used as floor texture (it's not table so it's shiner 'coz it have polish on top) :).

Thanks for comments it's nice to see what people think.