PDA

View Full Version : 3DConnexion Space Navigator on Mac

Philipp
07-04-2015, 06:34 AM
Hi,

having a restart with LW 2015.2 (stopped with 8.5, some 10 years ago ;)) and having a Hackintosh I wanted to try out how LW works on a Mac as compared with Windows 7.

And as I have a USB SpaceNavigator and really like how it copes with LW on Window I thought it would work just as nice on the Mac. But no, LW is the only app, that doesn't recognize it. Blender works like a charm, I could even add Firefox to the SpaceNavigator. But LW does nothing.

Does anybody else tried the SpaceNavigator on the Mac with LW with more success?

Thanks!
Philipp

CaptainMarlowe
07-06-2015, 12:14 PM
FWIW, my space navigator is recognized on my iMac on 11.6.2

Philipp
07-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the infos CaptainMarlowe. You wouldn't want to upgrade to the newest and best LW ;))

Could it be config file somewhere inside LW?

Markc
07-06-2015, 02:23 PM
It is recognised, but it has never functioned as it should.
This is an ongoing gripe.

Philipp
07-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Hmm, if it works (even if not good) with your 2015 version then something must be wrong. Hmmm....

CaptainMarlowe
07-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the infos CaptainMarlowe. You wouldn't want to upgrade to the newest and best LW ;))

Could it be config file somewhere inside LW?

I just don't have enough free Time to justify the cash for the upgrade right now, but I know I will upgrade one day.

Philipp
07-06-2015, 02:53 PM
I just don't have enough free Time to justify the cash for the upgrade right now, but I know I will upgrade one day.

THIS I can wholeheartedly understand! From 8.5 to 2015 for a really good price was a nobrainer for me as I was looking for a decent 3d software without the price tag of a C4D, Maya, or 3dsMax. I like Blender a lot too, but I need the photo matching tool and the demo of the new 2015 version just sold me :)

Philipp
07-07-2015, 06:43 AM
I really don't know what the reason is. I checked both the configs on Windows and on the Mac and the navigation part and the settings are all ok.

circleofsmoke
07-30-2015, 02:39 AM
I only bought my 3D conexion mouse because newtek showed it off - just thought I'd plug it in again for a job after not really liking it much and it doesnt work and or isnt recognised in lightwave - I would swear it was selectable as a device last time I had it out :-(