PDA

View Full Version : Particle instancing and Surface Animation???????

Evildrken
06-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Hi

I'm working on an animation right now. And stuck. and example of what I would like to do is Like some fireworks Style generated particles. But using instanced objects I would like them to start their animation (luminosity or surface animation mostly) At their birth time.

Any help would be great
Thanks, Ken Stranahan

prometheus
06-26-2015, 05:06 PM
should be possible, but what are you having for issues?
instancing works with particles.

guess it is the start the objects animation at particle birth? what is the object and how is it animated?

prometheus
06-26-2015, 05:51 PM
hereīs an old thread where I was fiddling with ways to grow a child to a man, once particles hitīs the ground, didnīt work out fully, but I didnīt pursue to solve it either really, might pick it up again, though I think using mdd files for the objects would be better after they are morphed and scanned, this is only morphed during the particle and instancing process...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?141087-Particles-size-over-time-%28instancing%29&highlight=particle+birth+morph

Edit...well, I can see now that the morph worked without having to do any mdd scanning or loading, the issue I have is that once the first particle is old enough and the morph has reached maturity, even those instanced objects that are just born will
be old, at their very birth..so that was the issue.