PDA

View Full Version : Ever "Lose" Your Cursor?

spherical
06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Various cursors in Modeler, Point Mode in particular, and Layout tend to "disappear". I gyrate the trackball all around looking for where it is, hoping it will show up on a border somewhere and turn to an arrow, and finally resort to hitting CTRL, as the Logitech driver has a shrinking circle that flags the position. Works, but pain in the workflow and gets to be annoying in a long session; especially when things aren't going well.

The symptom is that the cursor flickers a bit when moving, so isn't a steady brightness or line weight until stationary. Tried setting monitor response time to Advanced and Ultra Fast to see if that cured the dithering, but there's a problem with those on one monitor that creates skewed patterns, so not a solution.

Checked the nVidia Control Panel to see if the latest drivers might have a refresh higher than 60Hz. Nada. BUT...

In: Display > Change Resolution > 3. Apply the following settings: There is a dropdown: Output Dynamic Range. It was set to Limited. Changed to Full. Cursor is now steady, strong line width and easily located at all times. Beautiful!

probiner
06-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Disapear no, but sometimes when manipulating gizmos in layout they fly out of the viewport drastically. Good Luck :/

meshpig
06-25-2015, 10:20 PM
Yep, very common over the years though haven't seen it yet in 2015. Usually in Layout... usually requires a restart. You can still move sliders but cursor is invisible.

spherical
06-26-2015, 12:02 AM
No, not the same thing. The cursor is there, just not easily found. It blends into the viewport background. If you don't know exactly where to look on a pair of 1920x1080 and higher monitors that the desktop spans, it's as if it isn't there at all. With this setting adjustment, that is no longer an issue. Just wanted to assist others that may be having the same problem.

Marander
06-26-2015, 12:29 AM
What I do is to show the pointer when pressing the CTRL key on laptops and dual screen desktop configurations. Lets me find the mouse pointer quickly.

No, not the same thing. The cursor is there, just not easily found. It blends into the viewport background. If you don't know exactly where to look on a pair of 1920x1080 and higher monitors that the desktop spans, it's as if it isn't there at all. With this setting adjustment, that is no longer an issue. Just wanted to assist others that may be having the same problem.

spherical
06-26-2015, 03:29 AM
Yes. I said that already. This adjustment does away with that needless, annoying step and the cursor can be plainly seen all the time.