PDA

View Full Version : Torso Modeling

papito_24
12-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Hello all!

I'm kind of new to this site. But I was wondering if anybody out there new anything about the Art Institute in Florida. I was wondering if anybody new anything about this school or heard anything on it. The reason I'm asking is cause I'm pretty interested in the school, but I have a certain "fear" of going to a school and not getting the training I would hope to receive. It's hard to just spend that kind of money on a school and feel gypped in the end. If anybody has an opinion on the school, I would appreciate negative or positive. Or if you recommend a better school please let me know.

Thanks,

Papito_24

meshmaster
12-05-2003, 08:06 AM
but send an email to some professors there, or better yet, go and do a tour, asking lots of questions to lots of people, especially in the art department... ask for a class listing mag too that shows prereqs and stuff...

for info on other schools, go to http://www.3dlinks.com/info_schools.cfm they have a massive list of almost every 3d school around.

papito_24
12-05-2003, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the advice Mesh. I just looked at that site, I didn't know they had that many schools in some places.

w_will
12-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Are you looking for a degree granting school or just an education? If your not worried about getting a degree check out the thread in the lightwave section about Larry Shiltz (splinegod.com) and Dan Ablin's (3dgarage.com). From what I can see both are good courses. I have taken Larry's and highly recomend them if you want to learn character modeling. I also own Dan's books, and they are a good place to start too.

papito_24
12-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Thanks Will!

I will look into those.

SplineGod
12-11-2003, 03:29 AM
Thanks WIll,
If youre really wanting to learn Character modeling in depth and for far less money then a school I can definatlely help.
My sig has links to my site. :)