PDA

View Full Version : sas..

peji
12-04-2003, 10:35 AM
hello!.. i only have 1 question... can sasquatch fur or saslite fur

be incorporated with the FX Wind or other similar plugins?. i

wanted 2 do an anim of a field with grass swaying with the

wind... any suggesetion on how to do this?

by the way i'm still a newbie and i guess i will always consider

myself as a newbie..hehehe:)

WizCraker
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Yes, with Guide Chains. Go get MakeGuides.ls (http://www.hurleyworks.com/code/LScripts/MakeGuides.ls) from Hurleyworks.com make splines where you want the grass run the LScript to convert splines to Sas and SasLite Guide Chains.

CMP 2003
12-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Doesnt sasquatch have wind settings?on the main panel?

WizCraker
12-04-2003, 11:44 AM
I dont know I use SasLite never needed to upgrade to full version. I always use the wind and gravity as they are more predictable.

Libra-75
12-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Yes the full version of sasquatch do have wind settings. But if you wanna be able to control how the grass moves you better do as WizCraker says.

peji
12-05-2003, 10:17 AM
thanx for the link...but how do i install it? just copy it 2 the proper

directory? i'm new to this lscripts thingy... any brief steps on how

to use in lightwave? thanx in advance:)

CMP 2003
12-05-2003, 11:36 AM
When your in modeler GO to the tab with the button that says Lscripts, near the bottom(i dont know what tab it is) And click use lscript or whatever, that should do it ......

I think

WizCraker
12-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Or you can scan the directoy you save it to let modeler add it to the command list. Then edit menues and assign a place in your menu structure or edit the keyboard shortcuts and assign a key to it. Even better do both.

SplineGod
12-06-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by peji
hello!.. i only have 1 question... can sasquatch fur or saslite fur

be incorporated with the FX Wind or other similar plugins?. i

wanted 2 do an anim of a field with grass swaying with the

wind... any suggesetion on how to do this?

by the way i'm still a newbie and i guess i will always consider

myself as a newbie..hehehe:)

You can fake wind with Saslite fur by applying displacement maps to the base object the fur is generated on.

HEREs (http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/examples/grass2.mov) an example fo a wind type effect say from a helicopters downwash.

HEREs (http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/examples/grass3.mov) an example of a ball rolling thru grass.

Again these are faked using displacment maps.

Hair guides can be animate using displacement maps too.
You create a single hair guide and apply a weight map to it going to 100% on the bottom to 0% on the tip.
Clone those all over your ground object. Apply a procedural texture such as fractal noise as a displacement map. Apply a gradient on top of that layer with the input parameter set to weight. Set the blend mode to alpha. Adjust your gradient so that the root of the hair guides are not effected. Animate the position of the procedural and you have animated grass.

You can also use motion designer and FX Wind to animate standin grass objects and then use MDmetaplug to apply the animation from the grass objects to the hair guides. Basically you get to use the grass object as a deformation lattice on the hair guides.