PDA

View Full Version : I went to see Jurassic World

rednova
06-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Dear Friends:

I went to see Jurassic World, in Imax with 3d glasses.
It was amazing !!!
I loved the cgi.
Cheers !!!

Markc
06-15-2015, 12:04 PM
I second that :thumbsup:

I try to see as many big films in IMAX as I can.

tyrot
06-15-2015, 01:29 PM
raptors' hunting scene blew my mind .. wow

erikals
06-15-2015, 02:23 PM
i gotta see this one, heard so much about it... http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

tyrot
06-15-2015, 04:18 PM
just i hated same establishment shots over and over and over again :)

50one
06-16-2015, 01:41 AM
What about the story? Apart from Raptor bros and dinosaur playing football and something "going really bad" because of human stupidity any other same ol' same ol' cliche moments?

tyrot
06-16-2015, 04:05 AM
but we do not watch that .. do we ?

who cares about story in that movie .. totally lame .. terrible dialogues ... zero originality .. but that is another story .. we watch our friends' effort and worth to see ..

only one joke was cool .. who is alpha ? :)

50one
06-16-2015, 04:56 AM
but we do not watch that .. do we ?

who cares about story in that movie .. totally lame .. terrible dialogues ... zero originality .. but that is another story .. we watch our friends' effort and worth to see ..

only one joke was cool .. who is alpha ? :)

Guess you're right, I do have a soft spot for the series, still remember the first time I saw the original one when I was little kid, problem is that they kinda redo the same plot in every single movie.

1st was amazing - few glitches in story but overall very good and the special effects still looks great - even after so many years, quite remarkable if you consider what equipment they've used.
2nd - OK, quite a few inconsistencies and throwing something into the plot line because "they could"
3rd - Even more inconsistencies - same ol' stuff story wise,

4th one (from the trailer) - well it looks again like the exact same story line as in the previous three - Everything is great, something goes wrong, similar shots as in movie one - kids stranded in vehicle....dinos playing football (Previous three had dinos rolling planes, cars, Rv's), so it's almost all the same. Even tho I have the sentiment for the original one I feel like I'm not going to see this one in cinema, would rather wait for DVD I guess.

Guess I'm getting older....

Small edit:

Yeah, I could agree that we watch those movies because of the folks from the industry, problem is that we do not really sponsor them as they're usually employed on terrible contracts and it's only the fat cats whose pockets we're stuffing with hard earned cash.

Markc
06-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Even tho I have the sentiment for the original one I feel like I'm not going to see this one in cinema, would rather wait for DVD I guess.

Everyone has there preferred viewing preference.....but believe me, you can't beat a massive IMAX screen with rumbling sound :D

50one
07-09-2015, 01:43 AM
A lil bit of thread necrophilia but...[SPOILERS ALERT]

Went to see it around two weeks ago and it was decent, couple of plotholes and couple of moments when I immediately knew how it all gonna end - like when you seen that giant dino in a fish tank...lo and behold I was right...anywhoo the only bit that was weird to me was the fact that the park CEO? You know that chick had all this blood on her hands, yet at the end of the movie herself and dude hold their hands and it all seems like their going to take their relationship onto next level, but 40 minutes ago that guy was shouting at her that she has blood on her hands...also all this people that been killed by the pterodactyls. I guess she would be responsible for all this mess if it was real since well...she was responsible for the whole park and all the bad decisions...

Even tho the scene when they discussed the main dino name and laughed at the idea of "branding it" with one of the sponsor name I kinda found the ads in this movie too much in the face, plus I'm not sure(Being someone who works in marketing) that I would want to have my brand portrayed in a movie that conveys the image of evil corporations who are only interested in making profits - yeah, we all know that it's true anyway:)

S

lightscape
07-09-2015, 02:40 AM
The movie was decent. Better than J3 which had the cheapest looking dinos.