PDA

View Full Version : Delayed response in modeller problem

gpktm
06-11-2015, 05:25 AM
Hi everyone

Is ayone experiencing (or maybe had in the past) delaying problems during modelling functions? My Lightwave Modeler responses really slow, I'm not talking about taking whole minutes, but for example I'm welding few points and is taking a second to respond, I can even see the Windows "loading" cursor. Band Saw for example is taking a lot of time, is doing something like highlighting all the polygons and then starting the command. I'm also facing delay when switching from 4-Viewports to single Viewport or changing shading modes.

- I'm using LW 11.6
- The problem occurs in every model unrelated to number of polys
- My CPU is an Intel i7-4930K and the GPU is AMD7990

Sensei
06-11-2015, 05:55 AM
As usual, have you tried trashing (or just rename folder) configs.. ?
Restart after shutting down hub/computer etc.

gpktm
06-11-2015, 06:11 AM
As usual, have you tried trashing (or just rename folder) configs.. ?
Restart after shutting down hub/computer etc.

No I'm not familiar with that. What I suppose to do with the folder?

Sensei
06-11-2015, 06:16 AM
This is what everybody should do after installing any new version of LW prior v11 must have.. (in v11 IIRC there has been introduced per-version config folder).
So you never did it before.. ?
Without it there used to be crashes as hell because of incompatible configs..
You were redirecting config folder always these years.. ?

Simply rename folder with configs so they won't be found.
Restart everything.
And see whether it cured anything..

gpktm
06-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Just tried now. The same problem persists. Here's a quick video showing the Band Saw Operation. I've created a plane with about 250 polys to do the test. At 0:10 I'm doing an "Undo" function, look how it behaves.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hghk2ahw4rlqpx/Band%20Saw%20Example.MP4?dl=0

Sensei
06-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Did you tried playing with Display Options > GL.. ?
Turn off Legacy OpenGL
Buffered (VBO) mode,etc, etc.

gpktm
06-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Texture Resolution: 1024x1024
Shading Method: Multitexture Shaders
Transparency: Sort By Object
Geometry Acceleration: Buffered (VBO)
That how I usually have it. Tried more combination but getting the same result.

And the rest settings all de-activated (for testing purpose)

jwiede
06-11-2015, 12:37 PM
What else is running on your computer at the same time?

gpktm
06-11-2015, 04:49 PM
What else is running on your computer at the same time?

Nothing absolutely.

jwiede
06-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Nothing absolutely.

You mean no other major applications, correct? There's always service and background processes running in Windows and Mac. No other seemingly minor utilities? Perhaps any large background dropbox folder transfers occurring?

spherical
06-12-2015, 12:07 AM
What Antivirus and Firewall are you running? Various of these products are known to cause issues.

gpktm
06-12-2015, 07:41 AM
You mean no other major applications, correct? There's always service and background processes running in Windows and Mac. No other seemingly minor utilities? Perhaps any large background dropbox folder transfers occurring?

Exactly. Nothing "heavy". Especially when I did the video example, nothing absolutely was running apart from LW and the antivirus.

- - - Updated - - -

What Antivirus and Firewall are you running? Various of these products are known to cause issues.

Firewall is the one from Windows, and Antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials.

gpktm
06-12-2015, 11:41 AM
If you ask me, I think is just the card that sucks. Simply AMD's consumer range GPUs can't cope well with 3D programs I guess. I remember I always had problems with the combo LW+AMD. I would like though, to see anyone else with the same GPU is facing the same problem.

Snosrap
06-12-2015, 06:15 PM
If you ask me, I think is just the card that sucks. Simply AMD's consumer range GPUs can't cope well with 3D programs I guess. I doubt that. A smartphone could run that Bandsaw routine way more fluid than that in which you posted. You've got other issues.

gpktm
06-12-2015, 08:13 PM
I doubt that. A smartphone could run that Bandsaw routine way more fluid than that in which you posted. You've got other issues.

But what it can be? That problem is there since I've updated my hardware which includes the GPU (that was a couple of years back I think). Since then I've formatted the PC twice. The problem is there every single time.

PS: When I'm saying AMD cars dan't cope well, I'm talking about the drivers, not the capabilities of the GPU itself.

Mastoy
06-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Disable Vsync in the Amd driver control panel