PDA

View Full Version : 4 Annoying(little) things with surfacing and presets

prometheus
06-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Only had 3 hours of sleep last night, and I will hit the sack soon so I can better cope with surface and presets annoyances that been plaguing Lightwave and me for a long time, and especially now with to little sleep and when I wanted to work a bit with displacements within surface nodes.

So forgive me for these complaints, but Lw group..please do what you can to overcome it if you guys recognize them as equally annoying or slightly annoying:D I doubt you guys have found it even more annoying than me, in such case we wouldn have those issues today ..right:neener:

1. The load confirmation dialog popup when you want to change surface, please..while waiting for a better undo system, canīt you guys remove it and put a check box in preferences if you want that warning or not?
it is a pain in the to apply surface displace deformations if you have it set within surface nodes, it is a pain normally with just surfaces and you would like to drag and drop as well, but first remove the load dialog requester, because working with displacement and change topology on some terrain requires much more frequent changes with the presets than just standard surfacing.

2. Why o why is it that lightwave adds two surfaces when creating objects in layout, one is inactive which is unusable, it is just there to confuse us when applying surface attributes, believe me..I know:D
very often I have started to tweak the wrong surface and wondered why it isnīt working.

3. why o why can we not flush delete obsolete surfaces in layout without going the route of re-saving in modeler, yeah I know..modeler save object issue I reckon.

4 why o why is it that when I load a new surface preset to replace the old one , the old surface name is still there and I have no no clue on what surface displacement preset I actually just loaded, or if I just want to keep track on proper surface presets loaded.

If I load a surface preset called displace 2 on a certain object with a preset callet displace 1, it will still be named displace 1, It doesnīt change name to the actual surface preset I just loaded, now did I just repeat myself?....thatīs because I wanted it to sink in properly for those responsible :Dand It is also a sign of that I need to go to bed and sleep for 9 hours this time.

Michael

Niko3D
06-11-2015, 03:19 AM
I agree!
3 and 4 drive me crazy!

jboudreau
06-11-2015, 08:49 PM
I agree too, This needs to be changed

Thanks
Jason