PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Hall

Koen
03-06-2003, 05:26 AM
Hi,

I wanted to hear your opinions on this image of a hallway I'm making for a commercial I'm working on.
I know the background (outdoor) image is crap, but I put it there just to have something there. :)
To cut rendertime, I want to 'bake' my surfaces. Any good suggestions how to get the best results?

Greetz,

Koen

http://www.havana.be/Hall_08_HIRESRENDER.jpg

johnnyh66
03-06-2003, 09:06 AM
I think it's a little bright (but everyone thinks my work is a little dark, so...). It would be a much more interesting image if the light on floor (comeing through window) contrasted more with the rest of the floor... also the wood textures on the shelf/coat rack could use some work.

Stewpot
03-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Hii Koen,

Thought the door looked a little 'flat'. Like it was painted in the wall, rather than being 3D.

groodwanderer
03-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Okay here goes. some things that i noticed. The vase has got to either go or be re-textured, the stairs need to be buttressed up against the wall as well as a banister at the bottom. Bring your wood texture into photoshop and clone stamp the heck out of it way to many knots in the wood, the wood texture on the stairs needs some work as well. I don't know why the door looks flat, perhaps it is the lighting. Anyways keep working at it. Oh and i wouldn't know to much about baking the scene. I think there is a tut on the lightwave tutorial page. :D just my 2 cents.

pauland
03-07-2003, 01:40 AM
According to the view through the window the wall is paper thin and you step right out into a field! I would also add that the hall is at the top of a hill - although looking down the stairs, I can see the sky through the window. Paul

Koen
03-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Hi Paul,

Well, your absolutely right about that picture. But I did mention it. I'm gonna replace it with a pic seen from an actual 'doorway' and make sort of a 'panorama' from it. So it appears as if you're seeing a street.
And I am totally going to do something about my wallthickness. Thanx for noticing it. I'm on a break today, so I'll get on it straight away Monday morning!

Greetz,

Koen