PDA

View Full Version : Modler and Layout locking each other up

Paul W
06-01-2015, 11:32 PM
I have a issue that has been getting worse. I start up Layout and load my scene, then I head over to molder to make changes to the model. Once I make changes and save I try to go back to layout but it has stopped responding.

I have to end Modeler though the task manager than Layout become usable again. This has been going on for awhile now, so I just don't run both together anymore which is a hassle.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction and see if I can solve this issue.

Thanks,

Paul W.

Sensei
06-02-2015, 02:42 AM
If nothing else helps, you can try disabling hub.. by command-line arg -0 in short-cut icon..

Are you using firewall?
Did you try to disable/shutdown it for a while and trying to work in LW?

prometheus
06-02-2015, 04:46 AM
using VPR active in layout while switching to modeler and change stuff, and then switch back to layout might also cause hangups, as I have experienced, this is on
11.6 series, not tested on 2015

MarcusM
06-02-2015, 06:57 AM
using VPR active in layout while switching to modeler and change stuff, and then switch back to layout might also cause hangups, as I have experienced, this is on
11.6 series, not tested on 2015

I had crash many times with active VPR and after triangulate model and switch. Also Layout sometimes losing textures .

Paul W
06-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I am running a firewall. I don't really want to disable it because I am out of town working out of a hotel room in Vegas on several projects I need to render out. Being on the hotel network, I would feel vulnerable if I disabled my firewall. Someone mentioned disabling the HUD, maybe I should try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I will give this a try.

Sensei
06-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Disabling/shutting down firewall is just a test whether it helps.
Turn off wifi in laptop first by button.