PDA

View Full Version : texturing and morph for melting gold nugget....

stylus10
05-31-2015, 11:51 AM
i have a closeup of a gold nugget melting. and it's tough to get right. has anyone done anything like this before? how did you approach it? the particles are no problem, it's the geometry and texture during the melt i could use some advice on. thanks in advance.

lertola2
05-31-2015, 07:09 PM
You did not say what you think it should look like. Maybe one or a series of morphs changing from a nugget shape to a puddle shape would work. You could have the texture get quite bright during the transition as if the metal had become burning hot.

Sensei
05-31-2015, 11:54 PM
i have a closeup of a gold nugget melting.

For inspiration how to texture melting gold search YouTube for videos about melting gold.. :)

sadkkf
06-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Maybe try working with two objects: the nugget and a puddle. Place the nugget in the puddle, scale the puddle up, shrink and deform the nugget.

mummyman
06-03-2015, 02:32 PM
i have a closeup of a gold nugget melting. and it's tough to get right. has anyone done anything like this before? how did you approach it? the particles are no problem, it's the geometry and texture during the melt i could use some advice on. thanks in advance.

Could this help? https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/pg_melt/