PDA

View Full Version : Bullet makes man fall through chair

hdace
05-26-2015, 09:39 PM
I'm so fed up with Bullet. I've complained before about why a character's mesh (or any mesh) has to be of the type "Deforming" in order to affect hair and clothes. It makes no sense. It should be Rigid or something. It makes no sense that gravity & the object that's supposed to be affected end up affecting the character! Anybody heard the phrase, "Tail wags dog"?!!!!

Look at this! I've done dozens of beard & hair scenes in the last two years. They mostly worked okay, but my guy was always standing. This time he's sitting, and wham! He falls through the chair, completely ignoring his own bones...

So, what? I should make him stand in the chair so he doesn't fall through it?

Oh, and the mesh filter is not working either. It's supposed to only allow the selected weightmap move. The top of the beard is supposed to stay attached to the face, but it's falling off the face completely. What the heck is going on?

hdace
05-26-2015, 09:55 PM
Or you get rubbish like this...

ncr100
05-29-2015, 02:40 PM
Sorry for your pain. But that last picture is awesome. Reminds me of Mad Max Fury Road, how the bad guy "got it" in the end of the movie. Again, sorry for your pain.

lino.grandi
06-05-2015, 11:43 AM
My advice is to use some proxy geometry parented to the bones (must be Kinematic Objects) or, even better, making the bones Kinematic objects (you can do it in 2015).