PDA

View Full Version : Constant crashes

fefedefe
05-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Is unbelievable how many crashes I am having on LW. Not even when rendering, just when switching from "textured" to "wireframe" in the viewport... Ridiculous.

fefedefe
05-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Now it crashes while switching from 1 view to 2 horizontal view.... Excelent, I have to go back to work on 11.6.3, because there it doesn't crash...

seghier
05-26-2015, 08:41 AM
the same here; crashed for small things : cube or plane ; sometimes save the scene crashed layout

Snosrap
05-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Close LW Modeler and Layout and find your config files and back them up to your desktop. Once backed up delete the originals and start LW. If things behave properly your configs were at fault.

fefedefe
05-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks, Snosrap. I did it. Now it doesn't crash while switching viewports, but still crashes while changing one of my objects from wireframe to textured. I had the same problems with other objects from other scenes (simple objects in simple scenes, no clones, no dynamics) The same scenes don't crash in LW 11.6.3

Sensei
05-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Random crash = memory trashing somewhere (typically in completely different place than triggering crash).

What Windows detail crash report shows? Is it same DLL module and same offset all the time?
Repeatable crashes, with same offset, are easy to fix.
But you need to send them to developer.
Did you send?

jboudreau
05-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Now it crashes while switching from 1 view to 2 horizontal view.... Excelent, I have to go back to work on 11.6.3, because there it doesn't crash...

Same problem happened to me. Had to delete my configs and restart modeler so it would create new configs.

Make sure you shut down the hub (if you are using it) before running different versions of lightwave. The Hub stays loaded for a few minutes after you exit modeler or layout and if you open a different version of lightwave while the
hub is running it will corrupt your configs causing issues like you are having above. (I'd like to thank everyone on the forumn who helped me with this issue becasue I was getting corrupted config files all the time before I started shutting down the hub everytime before runnig a different versioin of lightwave.) Haven't had a corrupt config file since.

Hope this helps
Jason

Snosrap
05-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Make sure you shut down the hub (if you are using it) before running different versions of lightwave. The Hub stays loaded for a few minutes after you exit modeler or layout and if you open a different version of lightwave while the hub is running it will corrupt your configs causing issues like you are having above. Worth quoting as I forgot to mention this key point. 2015.2 is really stable for me as was 11.6.3, so if you are having issues with constant crashes there is definately something wrong.