PDA

View Full Version : Partigons emitted by object?

Mr. Wilde
05-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Is it possible to emit partigons by an object?

I created a mesh in Modeler, and wanted it to emit particles that will be seen by the renderer. So in the object properties, in the FX tab, I added a particle emitter. Then I found out the particles don't render.
So in the FX Tools tab, I clicked "Add Emitter" and there's a dialog where you can decide between "HV Emitter" and "Partigon Emitter". But then it creates a Partigon emitter on an empty null, without the object to generate the partigons.

Can anyone help me out?

Mr. Wilde
05-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Is it possible to emit partigons by an object?

I created a mesh in Modeler, and wanted it to emit particles that will be seen by the renderer. So in the object properties, in the FX tab, I added a particle emitter. Then I found out the particles don't render.
So in the FX Tools tab, I clicked "Add Emitter" and there's a dialog where you can decide between "HV Emitter" and "Partigon Emitter". But then it creates a Partigon emitter on an empty null, without the object to generate the partigons.

Can anyone help me out?

I found a workaround by saving the particle motion and applying it to the partigon emitter. But still, if I want to make changes, I always have to go back to the HV Emitter, tweak it, save the motion, and reapply it. I'd be interested in a better solution.

bazsa73
05-24-2015, 01:51 PM
I have bumped into this problem several times. Afaik there is not workaround. Maybe if you render your HVs as tiny spheres using Surface type HVs. Without blending.

prometheus
05-24-2015, 02:09 PM
the standard emitter option you get when adding an emitter is the hv emitter, the hv emitter can not render out by itself, it needs to have hypervoxels...so I donīt see the problem here, when you emitt particles from an object as you did with adding the emitter in the fx tab, it will not render unless you have hypervoxels.

when adding from the fx tab it seems it is default with no way to choose partigon but....if you want to use partigons you can still do that, you can convert your hv emitter that emitts from your object to partigons, there is a hidden command called particle2partigon, go to the edit menu and search for particle2partigon, and then drag that command to your desired menu.
And you can now render out your particles that are emitted from the object, and guess what..you can still use hvīs with them if you choose to do that later.

Uhmm...it replaces the object with the partigon, might need to save out the scene first before converting, then closing the scene after the conversion and reload scene with the partigon.

Sensei
05-24-2015, 02:31 PM
I tried this:

- made sphere with Modeler Tools, added FX Emitter. Set Birth Rate 10000+.
no particles are visible in render. But are emitted and sticky to object surface.

- FX Tools > Add Emitter and picked up Partigons.
But they don't stick to object, just bounding-box.

so, now parent partigon item to sphere,
and choose Nozzle: Parent-Emitter.

And not visible particles from parent item are imported to partigon object and renderable.

Mr. Wilde
05-24-2015, 09:15 PM
Thanks guys!

Here's the result (http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?146781-Stargate-Wormhole).