PDA

View Full Version : SDI Camera Audio to mixer Indepently

jkcw0897
05-23-2015, 03:11 PM
Anyone have any insight into how I would go about getting the embedded sdi audio control into an internal mixer. I'd like to try and eliminate the need for the Tricaster internal mixer if possible. Currently I solo all the cameras through an aux output --> mixer --> program mix back into Tricaster. This leaves the mixer with control of only one mix of all the cameras together. Ideally the mixer would have control of all camera audio feeds independently. What I can come up with right now are sdi to audio converters while using the loop through to feed to tricaster video input(s) for each camera. Any thoughts? Thanks!

TakeOneDigital
05-23-2015, 11:48 PM
Here's a little more creative way to look at it... looking at the back of a TC460 or 455, you have 4 channels of audio output. So if cameras 1 and 2 have two different things each coming in on their ch1 (L) and ch2 (R) and you send them to respective SDI inputs 1 and 2 stereo'd to L and R each, then you can set output 1 & 2 of the tricaster to ISO those cameras for 4 channels of audio to go to your mixer. THEN - and this is in theory as I'm not sitting at a TC to try this - you could also choose to send another input ISO'd (stereo) to the HDMI output (de-embed HDMI-to-analog) for 5th & 6th channels to your mixer.

Which then leads to:
Which TC model are you using?
How many inputs are you looking to mix?

jkcw0897
05-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Working on 455's. I currently feed DDR's, effects, and sound through one of the with 4 cameras mixed internally. Ideally I could have independent control of two channels on each cameras into the mixer. My thought is to rack mount 4 of the new blackmagic teranex mini's.