PDA

View Full Version : Floor position changes from VPR to F9 ?

madno
05-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with VPR, F9 and camera bank.

First:
my floor is in place when seen in VPR but moves when using F9.

Second:
my camera is not horizontal when using bank = 0.

You can see the floor movement in the attached pictures.
With VPR everything is ok (except the strange camera bank),
in the F9 render the feet of the objects are cut off.

128344 128345

There is no animation in the scene, no displacement etc.

I admit that I am stuck. I don't have a clue where else I
should look for the cause of the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

The attached scene is a simplified version of the one
shown in the pictures.

EDIT:
Forgot to say that the scene was originally created in LW 11.x and is now rendered in LW 2015.1

vonpietro
05-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Hi,
When i come across weird stuff like this, I try to reduce where the problem is - camera or objects or errant keyframes.
You may want to import your objects into a new scene (load from scene import only objects) and reset the camera position manually with a brand new camera.

If you still have a problem, check the objects- deformations, morphs, keyframes, who knows but you can remove all of that just to make sure (if it's on it. I didnt download the example) (although its doubtful that is the culprit )

this way anything thats weird gets left behind in the old scene.

This is similar to finding a fault in a computer - remove each component and test until you find the faulty part.

meshpig
05-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Have you tried deselecting "draft mode" etc. in the VPR menu?

spherical
05-23-2015, 01:25 AM
Will take a look at the floor issue but, at first glance, the camera bank not appearing to be 0 may be a perception, due to what appears to be a very wide angle shot.

madno
05-23-2015, 02:04 AM
Did more testing. It is definately the dome object. Even though there is nothing special about it (only one keyframe with Y = 0, no subD, no displacement, no morph) it jumps in F9. I copied the geometry to a new lwo -> still the same. Made a completely new dome now and that solved it. The camera bank is more visible in other shots. But that one was solved with a completely new scene. The "load from Scene" tip worked to quickly get the object over.
So got it sorted now.

Thanks for your help.

meshpig
05-23-2015, 02:31 AM
Because the base of the dome/both floors are N-gons... bevel it a few times and F9 will find the floor. I've applied "polygon colouring" to render the outlines :)

madno
05-23-2015, 02:59 AM
Yes, that was it. Like always when I start LW, I finally mess up the geometry. The bottom ngon was not planar anymore.

128349 128350

meshpig
05-23-2015, 03:45 AM
Well it shows the VPR is reliable in terms of being a VPR. You would have figured it out straight away if a subds.

Sensei
05-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Looks like VPR uses different triangulation method than F9 renderer. That's why when you provide non-planar polygon to both of them, there are differences in results.