PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted scene files??

Taran-Q
05-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Some time ago I noticed my whole workflow slowing down to a crawl.
After some searching around I nodticed that my scene file was a staggering 300MB (so autobackup was having a hard time)
I do archviz so this couldn't be right.
I used a text editor to view the scene file and it contained litteraly honderd thousands of lines :

// MxISO 186

and further in the file equal number of lines :

{ Favorite
Name "Cam+Sun"
NumChannels 4
Channel "Camera (1):Position.X"
Channel "Camera (1):Position.Y"
Channel "Camera (1):Position.Z"
Channel "Camera (1):Rotation.H"
}

grouped under

GraphEditorData
{ GraphEd_Favorites

I cleaned these lines from the scene file re-saved it and voila.
I went searching and it seemed that more scene files where affected (3-50MB), so I cleaned them, as well as my default scene.

But .... I noticed that with new projects at some time the scene file starts growing with the second line combo again :

{ Favorite
Name "Cam+Sun"
NumChannels 4
Channel "Camera (1):Position.X"
Channel "Camera (1):Position.Y"
Channel "Camera (1):Position.Z"
Channel "Camera (1):Rotation.H"
}

Any ideas as what could cause this?

edit :

Been investigating this a bit more and it seems my scenes have saved channel favorite sets.
Only question is who or what is creating these favorite set and all its copies?? as my default starting scene doesn't contain any.

Every4thPixel
05-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Seems like a bug to me! You could report it on the support site somewhere.

Taran-Q
05-22-2015, 09:29 AM
It seems to have something to do with me loading from scene, a scene that has already these thousands of channel favorite sets that get imported.
Gonna keep an eye on it

MrFurious
05-24-2015, 06:16 AM
I had a similar problem with file sizes blowing out around 300meg or so. This did fix my file bloat issue:

LCSM (Lean Clean Scene Machine)
http://kevman3d.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/free-lw-scripts-just-in-time-for.html

But.. file bloat kept coming back so I found this worked for me- open your config directory and find this file 'LWSceneEditor.cfg'. (if it's a LARGE file then it's probably the culprit, it should be tiny maybe under 30kb) Back it up somewhere then trash it. Open your scene and run LCSM again.

Then again, my scene bloat had thousands of repeated lines also but mine looked like scene editor data, where yours looks like graph editor info. Maybe check the config directory to see if any other config files look suspiciously large.

good luck

kevman3d
05-25-2015, 10:58 PM
Some time ago I noticed my whole workflow slowing down to a crawl.
After some searching around I nodticed that my scene file was a staggering 300MB (so autobackup was having a hard time)
I do archviz so this couldn't be right

Its a long shot, but check that you don't have Full Scene Parameter Evaluation active. Press 'o' to open the options panel, and then press 'f'. You should see a message (probably in the description box below to "Objects/Bones..." buttons) saying it was activated, or deactivated... If it activates, press f again to deactivate.

FSPE can cause Layout to become sluggish, and then it may crash or lock up depending on your scene contents/complexity.

If active, FSPE is saved in the scene file (the line FullSceneParamEval 1). Back in the 7.x era, it wouldn't deactivate after a new scene was loaded (even if that new scene didn't have it active). Each time we saved, that active FSPE would save into the scene we were working on, and it would become kinda like a virus of sorts - gradually being saved into every scene... At the time we were working on a large TV campaign, and it caused no end of headaches.

It shouldn't be an issue any more as that was fixed some years back (I'm talking about problems we had back in 2004)

However I don't think FSPE is a cause of file bloat (and its likely it shouldn't be active anyway when you check).

Though its odd to hear of the file bloat so many years later as I haven't seen this happen since it was fixed.

LCSM may work, though not sure it it will fix that channel favorites for you. Its really for clearing up a rather frustrating bug back in the 7.x era where the sceneEditor plugins would duplicate horrendously in the same fashion you're seeing. However give it a whirl and see.

Taran-Q
05-26-2015, 01:46 AM
Indeed LCSM doesn't cleanup all the thousand copies of channel favorite sets
For now I cleaned all my scenes manually with a text editor and gonna have to check especially after load from scene.