PDA

View Full Version : GI Transparency

gamedesign1
05-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Hi there I wonder if someone could help me please.

How come when I render out a scene with GI that has lights behind objects with transparent surfaces, that comes out really different and darker than what is shown in the VPR window?

The top image is from the VPR and the bottom is from the render. The VPR is NOT set to Draft.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated, thanks.

jboudreau
05-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Hi there I wonder if someone could help me please.

How come when I render out a scene with GI that has lights behind objects with transparent surfaces, that comes out really different and darker than what is shown in the VPR window?

The top image is from the VPR and the bottom is from the render. The VPR is NOT set to Draft.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated, thanks.

Hi

Are you able to share your scene or at least part of it? It would be a lot easier to diagnose the problem with the scene. Also what version of lightwave are you using?

If you can send me part of your scene I can help you out the best I can because there could be many factors causing this

I know there is a bug with lightwave 2015 where the VPR doesn't update when you change your objects render mode to self shadow and receive shadow. You have to render first after changing and then
once the render is complete and you close down the render window the VPR updates.

Thanks
Jason

Amurrell
05-20-2015, 05:02 PM
What is the color space settings for your output?

spherical
05-21-2015, 05:40 AM
A screen shot of your GI panel would help.
Do you have Directional Rays and/or Use Transparency turned on?
How are you creating the transparent surfaces?