PDA

View Full Version : New Tutorial!! Substance Painter for Lightwave- Vol. #3- LW Input & Emissive Maps

adamgibson
05-19-2015, 06:07 PM
Hey Guys,

I just created another video for those of you who are using Substance Painter with Lightwave 3D.

Substance Painter for Lightwave Users-Vol.#3- Lightwave Import & Emissive Maps

http://www.learn3dsoftware.com/Substance_Painter_for_LW_Vol_3.htm

What is Substance Painter? Substance Painter is an extremely powerful 3D Painting Software package that is becoming very popular in the 3D Industry. It comes fully loaded with eye-popping materials to paint on your 3D models. Metals, Stone, Rock, Fabric, Wood and more. It also has a huge collection of tools and brushes to create weathering, dirt, scratches, corrosion, rust, skin, emissive-glow, lizard scale detail (and more) with great speed and quality. A must have piece of software for those who want to add huge amounts of detail to their 3d Models.

Table of Contents for Volume #3

Chapter 1- Intro

Chapter 2- Texture Set-Up in Lightwave (Color, Specular, Gloss, Normal, Luminosity/Emissive)

Chapter 3- Emissive Map Glow Options (Radiosity and Corona Image Filter Set-Up)

Chapter 4- How to Create Emissive Channels in Substance Painter (Layer Settings)

Chapter 5- Emissive Alpha Brushes

Chapter 6- Emissive Color Image Stamp Brush

Chapter 7- Final

Running Time: 2 hrs. 24 mins.

High Quality (Screen-Res 1920 x 1080 pixels)

Video Format: MP4 (.mp4)

Level: Beginner

Oldcode
05-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Hey,

Looks interesting. I'm thinking about getting Substance Painter for I've heard a lot of good things about it. One question though, how is SP in creating organic textures, such as skin, scales, and internal organs?

Thanks,

adamgibson
05-28-2015, 03:28 PM
If you go on the Substance website there is a tutorial called Hans that shows some skin creation. And they keep adding new features and updates very regulary. I highly recommend getting a copy :)

Oldcode
05-29-2015, 05:51 AM
Thanks!

Oldcode
06-19-2015, 09:53 PM
Hey Everybody,

For those of you who have Steam, Substance Painter is on sale for 25% off.

Just bought it myself.

Cheers!

JohnMarchant
09-07-2015, 04:14 AM
Yes got my copy of Substance Indie a few days ago, with its monthly price and then own system its silly not to.

Marander
09-07-2015, 05:39 AM
Yes they really rock, have fun with Substance Indie! Imagine, I was able to get Substance Painter Indie for $49 in a 24h special deal. Afterwards they allowed me to upgrade to SubstanceLive for $149 so I got the whole suite for only $200! I love their monthly drops present every month's end.

Yes got my copy of Substance Indie a few days ago, with its monthly price and then own system its silly not to.

JohnMarchant
09-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Lucky you, however i think at this price and the pay monthly then own is great all around.

Yes ive seen the drops and the presets you can download, still squirreling around YT for tutorials for SP/SD as well as some paid ones.

Liberty3D and Adam Gibson seen to have some reasonable ones, also LW to SP specific.

JohnMarchant
09-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Hey Guys,

I just created another video for those of you who are using Substance Painter with Lightwave 3D.

Substance Painter for Lightwave Users-Vol.#3- Lightwave Import & Emissive Maps

http://www.learn3dsoftware.com/Substance_Painter_for_LW_Vol_3.htm

What is Substance Painter? Substance Painter is an extremely powerful 3D Painting Software package that is becoming very popular in the 3D Industry. It comes fully loaded with eye-popping materials to paint on your 3D models. Metals, Stone, Rock, Fabric, Wood and more. It also has a huge collection of tools and brushes to create weathering, dirt, scratches, corrosion, rust, skin, emissive-glow, lizard scale detail (and more) with great speed and quality. A must have piece of software for those who want to add huge amounts of detail to their 3d Models.

Table of Contents for Volume #3

Chapter 1- Intro

Chapter 2- Texture Set-Up in Lightwave (Color, Specular, Gloss, Normal, Luminosity/Emissive)

Chapter 3- Emissive Map Glow Options (Radiosity and Corona Image Filter Set-Up)

Chapter 4- How to Create Emissive Channels in Substance Painter (Layer Settings)

Chapter 5- Emissive Alpha Brushes

Chapter 6- Emissive Color Image Stamp Brush

Chapter 7- Final

Running Time: 2 hrs. 24 mins.

High Quality (Screen-Res 1920 x 1080 pixels)

Video Format: MP4 (.mp4)

Level: Beginner

Just brought the first 4 volumes of this Adam, i got Substance Painter/Designer a few days ago and need a helping hand from a LW perspective.

Looking forward to getting the link and downloading.