PDA

View Full Version : Texture based on morph speed?

objuan
05-19-2015, 04:09 AM
I want to set up a character that moves through the space by slidey morphing. Set her up old school morph chain style where each subsequent object of her is in different position in the room. Then I want her to slide to each pose, pause for a breath, and slide to the next...

As she is sliding I would like her texture to become more ethereal, and then solidify when she stops moving.

Is there a way to tell a texture to fade up where its points are moving, and fade away if the point is still?

For some of the moves she will only twist her head or arms, but not the rest of the body - so I would like the base to stay solid, but the hand to blur and then solidify when it moves.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sensei
05-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Just a thought: suppose so you have ready mesh, bake it to MDD, then in theory you should be able to take MDD at two different times (time0 and time0-delta time) or two different frames.
Then check distance between these points to tell distance (and vector) between them.
It might require writing special node for just this task..

jwiede
05-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Use abs point velocity to drive opacity? Use delta in point position to compute abs velocity, then normalize and subtract from opacity (or moral equivalent)?

Sensei
05-19-2015, 01:44 PM
Use abs point velocity to drive opacity? Use delta in point position to compute abs velocity, then normalize and subtract from opacity (or moral equivalent)?

The problem is surfacing is evaluated in 'spot' context.
There are not exposed points (LWPntID) to user.
So to get LWPntID (always 4) there is needed 3rd party node..
And another one which is getting info from LWPntID.

You can get only current position of point. Not previous.
To get previous position of point there is needed MDD.