PDA

View Full Version : Sea shore

thiyaguthree
05-18-2015, 04:20 AM
Hi!

I am trying to make a real sea shore which resembles the attached file (ReferenceSea) for a project.

I would like to start the camera from the sea turbulence and move back slowly down to the beautiful sea shores with reflective sand surface
and finally stop the camera across the beach road. (In the sequence 1.sea 2.shore 3.sea sand 4.road)

My sea scene looks somewhat like below:

I am using the HOT Ocean plugin for the sea and am also experimenting with the inbuilt turbulence and crumple effects for the sea.

Now, my issue is with the shore waves and foams...a tough task to develop such effect.
I wanted everything looks like animated for some frames. I would compromise with minimum effect if the foam
and waves move back and froth.

For Generating real looking foam, I tried with particles, For particles i needed some dynamics to act and push the waves. I tried too but didn't get the result as expected.

Then tried with morph, I set only one morph so that the wave set would just move a little in front of sand plane which is declined to some degree.
(Result - During morph the entire waves hitting the sand plane but the geometry of waves looks fake or freeze state.)

Could anyone support my work?

Thanks
Thiyagu

seghier
05-18-2015, 04:59 AM
Hello
i tried that before with maxwell render using real foam ; water and sand textures

you can use real images to create your textures with photoshop than you add particles on the foam surface

thiyaguthree
05-18-2015, 05:55 AM
Hi Seghier

Thanks for your reply.
Nice work. Yes I was thinking of doing in Photoshop too. but thinking some other way that close to reality, I would like to zoom in close to the foam 5 or 6 meters distance and get back, I also understand that developing like a real wave is much complicated, But it looks beautiful once when waves fade out and fade in again one after another.
Is there anyother way using bump maps?

seghier
05-18-2015, 06:13 AM
Hi Seghier

Thanks for your reply.
Nice work. Yes I was thinking of doing in Photoshop too. but thinking some other way that close to reality, I would like to zoom in close to the foam 5 or 6 meters distance and get back, I also understand that developing like a real wave is much complicated, But it looks beautiful once when waves fade out and fade in again one after another.

the foam are millions of bubbles and sand ; it not easy to create them

50one
05-18-2015, 06:16 AM
the foam are millions of bubbles and sand ; it not easy to create them

You could just model 5 different models of a bubble and sand particle and just copy and paste them couple of times.

thiyaguthree
05-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Well. Thank you all for your suggestions.
Let me try and keep you posted.

CaptainMarlowe
05-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Did you try with procedurals and DP kit's nearest point node ? Would somthing like this work ?

http://youtu.be/75_VznczRyg

thiyaguthree
05-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks Captain. DP kit might help.

jwiede
05-20-2015, 05:01 AM
Hi Seghier

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is the same complexities which makes the wave's movements beautiful are what make it difficult to replicate with a few simple elements. In a close-up like you propose, you're focusing tightly on the accuracy of the movement and material behaviors -- your shot choice is creating the requirement for a highly-accurate replication.

Aside from using a liquid simulation, getting a decent replication of the movements will be difficult. You could try capturing a close-up on video, building masks for the foam and water from the video, and then using those animated masks to drive textures somehow, but getting adequate detail on the edges of those masks in the close-up will be painstaking work. The issue is that close-up will magnify any flaws in the masks, and that's not even addressing the effort required to get the driven textures for foam and water to look "right".

Using actual video footage is another option, but if you're intent on replicating the shot using CGFX, this is the kind of situation justifying liquid simulations' existence, it is very difficult to realistically replicate without resorting to actual simulation. Just my $0.02, but you either need to rethink the close-up, or rethink your desire to do it using CGFX if you will not or cannot simulate it.

thiyaguthree
05-21-2015, 11:33 PM
Thanks Jwiede. Your suggestion is important for me. Your points are valid before opting the way on my work.
capturing a real footage and working on it might be a new and different task for me, to be frank am not familiar on that
but I understand your ideas.
You guys are really great in helping me to put more effort and that will definitely work.
I will post my progress work soon as possible to get a clear view. Thanks again.

thiyaguthree
04-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Hi John, hope you're doing fine.
yes, its slightly difficult with the animated foam.. I just did with the real footage and also for a concept.. Just have a look . In future we'll try with the fantasy art. Thanks for your support..
https://youtu.be/IVLTLsGkKpg Have a look at it. Also thank you seghier, captain, 50...