PDA

View Full Version : GoZ problems

genesis1
05-13-2015, 09:00 AM
I've been testing out goZ and I have problems when I send it back to lightwave. The Normal map doesn't project correctly, I end up with blocks of patchwork. I've tried flipping the uv and different subdivisions but it still ends up the same. The texture an displacement map work fine, just can't fathom whats going on with the normal map??

MSherak
05-13-2015, 10:32 AM
I've been testing out goZ and I have problems when I send it back to lightwave. The Normal map doesn't project correctly, I end up with blocks of patchwork. I've tried flipping the uv and different subdivisions but it still ends up the same. The texture an displacement map work fine, just can't fathom whats going on with the normal map??

Make sure that the image being used for the normal map is set to linear instead of default. Even though a normal map is 8bit sRGB image the math behind the function use the values as a linear image. When a 3D package has the ability to control the colorspace you have to set the texture to linear manually so it renders correctly.

-M

genesis1
05-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Make sure that the image being used for the normal map is set to linear instead of default. Even though a normal map is 8bit sRGB image the math behind the function use the values as a linear image. When a 3D package has the ability to control the colorspace you have to set the texture to linear manually so it renders correctly.

-M

Thanks for the info!