PDA

View Full Version : Allan McKay offering fluid fire and particle desintergration courses for free limited

prometheus
05-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Hi folks!

The VFX Supervisor / Technical Director and fluid and particle master Allan McKay, Is offering some of his advanced courses for free, Note only up for a week..so go and grab it at once if you want to, and please grab his share links and share, I donīt have facebook so I canīt do that.

He is covering in the first part fire fluids with fumefx and 3d max, and thinking particles to start burning a character which also falls to the ground, in the second part he covers desintergration with thinking particles.

Allan McKay has worked on 2012, Transformers 3, superman, the last airbender,star trek into darkness, Equalizer etc...and Gods of War.

The courses can be found here, the first part is up online directly...but you have to sign up for the other parts, but it is generously given away for free....

http://www.allanmckay.com/course_fxtdt/

Reel from and more info about Allan McKay here....

http://www.allanmckay.com/singlepage/whyallan/

I hope it is of interest for Lightwavers too, (some) techniques and advices can probably transcend over to Lightwave workflow, and some of you also work in max I think.

Michael

prometheus
05-08-2015, 09:07 AM
I am sorry, it seems I got mislead on the tutorials, I was directed to the character on fire intro, and thought the download files was supposed to be the following parts...but it seems itīs a completly different series covering

scripted rain fx tools.

Davewriter
05-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Free is still a good price :)
Thanks!

prometheus
05-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Itīs a bit weird though, the link I pasted..that I got from a newsmail from creativetool.se, and it was a clip where he showed a character burning and using fumefx and thinking particles..and in that clip he also stated it was given away for free, I think those who sent me the mail gave me wrong links or something..and it may be that those other partīs are not available any more.
I have it downloaded..but miss the destruction part, but I can not share his tutorials, I would need to contact him and find out where those others are..if not somebody finds it on his page.

Michael

prometheus
05-14-2015, 02:53 PM
I got a mail from Allan, pointing to the right course, it is the ash course..
It seems he only provide one download per day, and you get one download per day, in such case Iīm afraid I canīt get them all before it ends if it is 7 parts, the available downloads is only up till may 17.

You can find the right one I was shouting about here....

http://www.allanmckay.com/ash/

prometheus
05-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Just got the second part of the ash series, destruction in 3d max with thinking particles, thinking particles is using nodes with a volume break function, so the particles is both doing the fracture and explosion of the character...it also include filling the character with particles.
Advanced tools, that I doubt could translate to lightwave, would have to approach it very differently I guess.

I do hope they get some "thinking particles" inside of lightwave in a near future, to work with nodes and bullet engine and fracture pieces, inside of layout.

prometheus
05-25-2015, 09:25 AM
I have finally received all the free stuff from Allan McKays character burn to(ASh) series, it was a bit complicated since it was some old tutorials and they went down before I could get all of them, had to wait for them and receive one per day, but then it was too late when may 17th was reached and I hadnīt gotten all vids.

Allan Kindly provided all vids for download at once, though I had to spend a couple of minutes doing his survey, but that was fine with me.

each vid seems to be almost one gig, and thereīs a lot to cover from destroying the character and also using fumefx and some nuke stuff to enhance fluids.

He did a lot of that stuff for god of wars, the tutorials do not cover that specificly but similar character destruction stuff and also fume fx.

Many thanks to Allan McKay, not sure how much in detail focus I will be able to follow since I am not a max user, I do want to get a grip on the general workflow and see what can be learned from that and adapted to lightwave, if not...I might consider looking in to
max and fumefx perhaps.

https://vimeo.com/88391123

lardbros
05-26-2015, 04:28 AM
That's weird... I only ever got the link to the first one, then waited for the other, and checked the same link repeatedly, but never got the others.
I'll have to contact Allan too and see if he can provide the link to them all.

Great guy, and great videos though!

prometheus
05-26-2015, 05:23 AM
That's weird... I only ever got the link to the first one, then waited for the other, and checked the same link repeatedly, but never got the others.
I'll have to contact Allan too and see if he can provide the link to them all.

Great guy, and great videos though!

Yeah it was a little messy to get hold of them all, I also got the first link to the ash series, then I got completly different ones from another series, the ash series was in fact some older tutes that was running out...but Alan was kind enough to answer personally and fixed the correct links, but youīd have to download each file seperatly one file per day, and after that you would receive the following viid, also to keep in mind that all links expired may 17th.

Also ...I got my mail from Alan in the junkbox, so make sure to check that all the time.
Even though the original links expired may 17th, he fixed so the files could be accessed all at once on some new download servers, but it wonīt be up for that long, so try and contact him.

In order to get those vids...he only ask of you to answer his survey....which will only take a couple of minutes.

lardbros
05-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks, checked my junk (haha) and had the email in there with the survey! Waiting for my link now... how weird, I thought I'd checked... clearly not well enough.