PDA

View Full Version : Emergency User to User Support

hartley
12-03-2003, 04:57 PM
As listed in a previous thread there are a number of users willing to help one another in an emergency situation. In order to prevent the idea and list being lost in a forum, a website has been created (although it's not very good looking at the moment, but it will have a facelift soon!!) to host the database of users and their contact information. If you are willing to have users contact you simply fill out the form to add yourself to the database. If you need help in an emergency situation search the database and contact someone that appears to meet your needs. Visit the website at www.vtemergency.com. Feel free to forward any questions/comments to me.

Hartley
Genesis Media

ted
12-03-2003, 05:52 PM
As I mentioned on another forum, PLEASE don't abuse these guys. I've seen it done quite often.
An emergency is something like you have a huge production and you need to borrow a card from someone in your area or something like that.

A good search on the forums can answer many "emergency" situations I've gotten calls on before.

Thanks for the site Hartley!!!

Jim Capillo
12-03-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't mind sticking my neck out there, but as Ted says, a little restraint and research will be necessary. I would hope that everyone would try to solve the problems on their own before making phone calls. The various user forums are a great resource, but this is definitely a good idea - as long as it's not a substitute for one trying to help himself first.

ted
12-04-2003, 09:33 AM
This is too funny. No Lie!

Just this morning I got a call from a user of my "other system", asking me about some technical stuff. Yes, the solutions have been covered to nausium on their forums!

I really didn't mind since my client hadn't walked in yet and I really enjoy helping people in need...but, well, like I said, make sure you do your homework before using the list.;)

Jim Capillo
12-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Ted, you still have that box ????? ;) :D

Only kidding...... but yes, some folks are lazy (not naming any names, mind you), but it's easier for them to dial than to do a preliminary search thru the forums. But hey - we're old dogs. I remember the old Newtek days when I had to dial in to the direct line, d/l the message cache, go offline and read them, respond, redial and upload the cache. All at 300 bps. Whew.....

Man, I love the internet (even at 56k) :rolleyes:

Jim_C
12-04-2003, 10:20 AM
>>but yes, some folks are lazy (not naming any names, mind you), but it's easier for them to dial than to do a preliminary search thru the forums.

And then there are those who are scared to death to try anything on their own and insist on regular answer guys in forums to hand hold them thru EVERY step of a procedure,even SHOUTING their NAMES in forum titles demanding attention.

Then when something goes wrong they blame the advice of the guy on the other end of a data line instead of the connection between the keyboard and the chair.

Happy Holidays

jim

cybis
12-04-2003, 11:11 AM
This is great, Hartley. Thanks for setting this up!

Jeff

Jim Capillo
12-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Ditto.... and the new intro page looks nice !

Jim_C
12-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Hey Hartley,

Site does look nice. Sleek.
Just a thought but could you add a place to enter Instant Message Info?
AOL IM, MSN Messenger, ICQ, Yahoo Names, etc.
I'm not always available or very useable by phone, but if I'm sitting at a computer with net access I'm always logged into some chat program.
I would be happy to help out then, might even be easier, and I could see some folks using chatters before picking up the phone.

Just a thought

jim

ted
12-04-2003, 07:27 PM
Hartley, you might want to add a "Country" data space since NewTek has users around the globe.
This could be even more helpful to those with fewer resources then we have here in the states.
Just a thought.
Nice job though.

hartley
12-04-2003, 10:36 PM
I went ahead and added the IM field, I think we'll combine State/Country as one. I'm working on a form to allow you to update your information, but it seems to lock things up when I ran a test. For now just sit tight if you need to make a change to your info, and I'll figure something out...

Hartley
Genesis Media