PDA

View Full Version : Basic Lightwave Question

Airwaves
05-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Hello everyone, I have a question that I feel dumb asking but I honestly do not know the proper way to do this. I realize this may be a workflow issue but here goes.....

I have a scene that I have animated which is a lot of frames (around 2500). Near the end of the scene I want to change camera views and use dynamics to make some stuff fall in the scene. Is there a way to save the scene as it looks right now but have the new scene start at frame zero?

This would help considerably with dynamics not having to calculate all the frames. Even if I have set to activate on last key it still takes a long time.

Thanks for the help.

ernpchan
05-07-2015, 06:58 PM
You could shift all your animation.

Airwaves
05-07-2015, 06:59 PM
You could shift all your animation.

That is a thought.

Marander
05-08-2015, 02:24 AM
Hi Airwaves
Why not render separate sequences and then cut / composite it in post (I use Davinci Resolve Lite for my SciFi stuff, very easy handling and it's free). I mean you want to change the camera anyway, so I would limit the dynamics calculations only to the second take. 2500 frames for one shot is quite long in my opinion. If post is not an option then there are plugins for restart at frame 0 and camera switch but I have not used that yet.
Cheers, Marander

lardbros
05-08-2015, 06:49 AM
Also... another way around this, is if you're using Bullet Dynamics, you can tell the dynamics to only start at a certain frame! (This can be found under the 'World' properties of Bullet Dynamics and it's the 'Start Offset'. Just put your starting frame in there...) Very handy!

There is also a 'Camera Director' (which is actually called Camera Selector) plugin (found under the Master Plugins, which can be found on the 'Utilities' tab in Layout). Choose this plugin and then you can pick which frame to change camera angle too. :D

PetGerbil
05-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Keyframe everything at the frame that will be the start of the new bit.(frame 2500.) Go to the scene editor and select all the keyframes from 1-2499.
Delete these keyframes, then select frame 2500 and move it to frame 1. Save As("scenename_dynamics" or something similar.)

Or, open up the extra ik boost timeline.(click the arrow above the timeline) select all the keys in there, delete. Select final key,move to start. then SaveAs....

Airwaves
05-08-2015, 09:00 AM
These are great ways to work this. Thank you.

Wade
05-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Keyframe everything at the frame that will be the start of the new bit.(frame 2500.) Go to the scene editor and select all the keyframes from 1-2499.
Delete these keyframes, then select frame 2500 and move it to frame 1. Save As("scenename_dynamics" or something similar.)

Or, open up the extra ik boost timeline.(click the arrow above the timeline) select all the keys in there, delete. Select final key,move to start. then SaveAs....

A good option - yet I would first save the file under a new name. Scene files are small so there is little to no issue with having several scenes with a little different name. :)