PDA

View Full Version : WebApp for TriCaster Advanced Edition

kanep
05-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Now that TriCaster Advanced Edition is available, I wanted to announce some free WebApps that I've created for it. All of them can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/kanesworld under the tab called 'WebApps'.

All of these apps require TCAE and are compatible with TriCaster Mini, 410, 460, 860 and 8000. The apps are smart and will automatically adapt to the model of TriCaster they are connected too. They should run in any modern web browser on any platform or device.

Currently available are:

Tiny Titler
This webapp will allow you to edit CGXML title templates located any of the 15 TriCaster buffers. Up to two lines of text can be edited and there is also the ability to view what is located in a buffer from the web app as well.

Router Control
This webapp will act like a video router control panel for any TriCaster supported video router. Beyond routing ability, you can also create a 'default' router configuration to switch to when needed, along with the ability to rename multiview and button labels. TCAE adds the ability to rename multiview label if the router has mnemonics, but if your router doesn't have mnemonics no problem! Router Control allows you to enter your own label names and will perform the UI label renaming for you.

Intervalometer
This simple webapp will perform image grabs on a timed cycle. Great for creating a time lapse of a live event or grabbing images throughout an event for social media or other uses. Also included is a manual grab button so that another person can grab images if something important occurs.

Coming soon:

Camera Commander
This webapp will allow you to control the procamp adjustments for any of the video inputs on your TriCaster. It also will allow you to control a connected PTZ camera. You can select any of the 8 presets configured in the TriCaster or perform manual PTZ control with the on screen interface. Also included with the PTZ Presets are Datalink fields so that each preset can perform titles updates when it is selected. This app should be available shortly, it will be free as well.

All WebApps include documentation and are packaged in a Windows installer that will not trigger the '3rd party software warning' message on your TriCaster system.

Let me know how these work out for you. Enjoy TriCaster Advanced Edition!

kanep
05-15-2015, 11:49 PM
Camera Commander webapp is now available for download!

Download from http://bit.ly/kanesworld

stoecklem
05-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Wow. Thanks very much....looking forward to trying these out

kanep
07-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Just added a new app. 'LFR Monitor' is a simple app that will allow you to view the video outputs of a TriCaster Advanced Edition system in a web browser. It runs at a slow frame rate (but with low latency) so that it doesn't use much network bandwidth or system performance.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld

stoecklem
07-29-2015, 01:29 PM
awesome! Can we view two outputs at once? I'm dreaming of being able to direct using emulator pro on a surface pro 3. it has a cut out feature where you can cut out holes to show whatever application is active in the background.

kanep
07-29-2015, 02:44 PM
You can open multiple browser windows, open the app in each one and select a different output in each.

kanep
11-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Just updated the Camera Commander web app to version 1.5. This new release supports a XKey's XK-12 joystick for PTZ control. You can also use the buttons on the unit for camera and preset selection. I've tested in with Chrome using Windows, I would be interested to hear if anyone has the ability to test on Chrome with OSX.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld

kanep
12-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Just updated LFR Monitor to version 1.1

- Now correctly configures for TriCaster Mini SDI
- Inputs and Media Players can be viewed
- Added ability to access application from port 5952

What does port 5952 do?

If you forward this port on your broadband internet router to your TriCaster system, someone (or multiple people) from the outside world can view the TriCaster inputs or outputs from a web browser by using the URL formed like below.

http://ip-address:5952/monitor

While this is a bit of 'security thru obscurity' using port 5952 doesn't open up your TriCaster system to being easily found on the internet as if port 80 was forwarded. This outside internet access only operates if the broadband router is configured to forward the traffic, if you don't do this, this app will not open your system to any external access.

Shawn Farrell
01-14-2016, 01:10 AM
Must enter the ethernet NDI...:newtek::tcicon::lwicon::vticon:

kanep
01-15-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm working on a new version of the Monitor web app that will use Websockets for image updates. This will allow for 30 frames per second image refresh rate in a web browser. Its not NDI, but still would be pretty cool.

Selld
02-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Kane,

Thanks for the apps. These add some welcome additions. Is is possible to use the XKey's XK-12 directly through the USB input on the TriCaster?

Also, is it possible to use Touch-OSC to control the TriCaster through an Ad-Hoc network connection without a separate router?

kanep
02-25-2016, 04:25 PM
The XKey's joystick isn't supported directly by TriCaster. My web control app uses the Gamepad API available in some web browsers to read the joystick. It's possible that other joysticks could work with it, but I've only tested the XKeys unit.

I'm assuming that you are taking about a TriCaster Mini, as no other TriCaster has WiFi. You can try the Ad-Hoc network connection, it might work, but I've never tried it. The solution I would recommend is to use home internet router to connect the TriCaster and iPad together. If you are using an iPad to run TouchOSC, another solution is to get a hardware MIDI interface (like the Alesis IO Dock) to connect them together.

Selld
02-25-2016, 04:50 PM
I have been using a home router with the Mini and iPad for Touch OSC. I'm just trying to keep from hauling it around.

Does the XKey's joystick require drivers that are not supported by Newtek? I though it was just another programmable keyboard.

kanep
02-25-2016, 08:11 PM
Some parts of the Xkeys units are programmable. The joystick shows up as a joystick/gamepad device in Windows which you can't change. The buttons can be set as keyboard key presses or as joystick buttons. My web app is looking for them as joystick buttons.