PDA

View Full Version : "Select All"

jetpilot8
12-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Ok,

I was asked the other day if there was a way to do a "select all" in modeler while you have a single layer selected, viewing in wireframe or texture mode and my answer was "no", unless you have one piece of geometry selected and then "expand" your selection or just click on the view, select the move tool and arrow click to move the object(s) as one group. Problem is, they need to be able to move the entire layer a specific distance after the selection has been made with as few steps as possible.

The person asking shrugged and said "there has got to be a way". Well I have not been able to find such a thing so I thought I would throw it out to all the experts on this board to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any/all idea's you may have! :D

cagey5
12-03-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm probably missing something here, but why can't you just click on the move tool, click 'n' to open the numeric panel and input the amout you want everything to move by.

jetpilot8
12-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Yep, that is a great way to do it too....

Only problem with that method (which I should have mentioned in the original post) is that the way he is moving the item(s) he needs more control of the "move". If he does it this way it does not show the original location you are moving from, like you get when you are in "points" mode, then you lasso everything on the layer, then choose info, which then gives you your current coordinate (x,y,z) and you can then move + or - from that point.

I hope this makes sense and is not clear as mudd...

Thanks again for the reply, I totally appreciate it........

hunter
12-03-2003, 04:52 PM
Oh. Very Zen. If nothing is selected: Everthing is selected. :)

omeone
12-04-2003, 01:54 AM
With nothing selected, to directly select all geometry use 'Invert selection' or <">
htht