PDA

View Full Version : dr wheel rotator

matts152
04-30-2015, 05:18 PM
hey guys, ive looked around and it seems there are issues now with relativity wheel rotator. I am having a hell of a time getting it to work correctly for some reason. Ive used it on numerous projects in the past with out issues. Issue im having now it the wheel is rotating slowly at the beggining, and when the wheel is going the opposite direction, the rotation is backwards. Didnt used to do this. Anyone else having issues with it?

Oh yeah, using lightwave 2015.2

matts152
05-01-2015, 07:49 AM
I can not figure out a good way for wheel rotation, ive tried nodes, dr wheel rotator... nothing is working fully.... did they break something in 2015?

lardbros
05-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Have you tried the vehicle rigger scripts here:
http://vehiclerigger.walen.se/

Not sure if they still work. Haven't tried Dr Wheel in 2015.2, but are you adhering to the rules? Like positive Z axis or whatever it is?

matts152
05-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Vehicle rigger is all messed up. Car is below ground plane, master null doesnt move wheels, who knows whats up there,..... and for dr wheel rotator, yes, wheels are facing Z axis.

matts152
05-01-2015, 12:06 PM
the key thing that is not working with relativity, is the wheel rotates backwards when going around turns.

lardbros
05-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Ohhh... When it goes around corners?
I'm not sure Dr Wheel has ever worked for me when going around corners... It only seems to work when going in a straight line.
Unless there's been something I've always missed? I last tried this in 11.5

matts152
05-01-2015, 01:13 PM
maybe it has been this way... I thought it worked in any direction though.. oh well.

Ztreem
05-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Do it with nodes it works abd is quite easy to set up.

matts152
05-01-2015, 06:31 PM
ive tried with nodes, i just get confused.... can you explain how to set that up... so it can go down a path that takes it going down +Z, then left turn to x axis then left turn to heading down -Z....

Ztreem
05-05-2015, 02:19 AM
ive tried with nodes, i just get confused.... can you explain how to set that up... so it can go down a path that takes it going down +Z, then left turn to x axis then left turn to heading down -Z....

Here's a scenefile with a wheel rotating by distance traveled in whatever direction its moving.
The setup is made by one reference object only moving in Z, this object set the speed and distance for the wheel. Then I setup the actual wheel to follow a spline with the reference object as a driver. So you set the path for the wheel with spline control and the speed and distance with the reference object. There's sure much easier and better solution for this but as math is not my thing, this have to do. :)

lardbros
05-06-2015, 12:34 AM
Are you on LightWave 2015?
Is it an option to try and use motors in the bullet physics implementation?
Their demo scene has a car and a Mars rover all driven by bullet physics, and it's surprisingly good!