PDA

View Full Version : before and after ended

saranine
04-27-2015, 04:18 PM
I am sad to get an email saying that the fantastic graphics design magazine Before & After has come to an end. I have been a subscriber for a long time. I also have its master collection of tutorials.

The email said that the chief owner, John Mcwade, is going to Lynda.com to teach. He also said that Lynda has been bought by Linkedln. That raises two other points. One, these educational subscription sites have become quite a valuable commodity to buy and sell. Look at what happened with Pluralsight buying DT. Two, the email offered me 3 months added to my Lynda subscription in exchange for by B& A membership ending early; I have contacted Lynda to check this. You can never be too careful these days.

Then I went to Lynda and it looks different now. It looks more LinkedLn ish lol. There was a new reactivate button and some new buttons on top. I am not sure sure what that was meant to do but I logged in with it.

Davewriter
04-27-2015, 07:01 PM
And no friendly Lynda.
Used to be a photo of her or a message of some kind, usually of a "Hi! How are you?" thing.
Now it's just a listing of new items.
Sigh!