PDA

View Full Version : Avengers Age of Ultron

Markc
04-26-2015, 05:42 AM
Saw new Avengers film last night in IMAX 3D.
Wow fantastic :thumbsup:
I noticed in the credits Zoic did some effects (don't know whether they still use LightWave?).

lightscape
04-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Its better than the first one. Less dragging in the middle.
Zoic using lightwave for this movie? Doubt it.

erikals
04-26-2015, 05:53 AM
don't like the render of Ultron though, it looks... rendered...

but might watch it, and maybe he won't look that "3D" at the cinemas

safetyman
04-27-2015, 06:00 AM
Curses! You Brits get all the good stuff first. We have to wait until May 1.

MarcusM
04-27-2015, 06:15 AM
On last transformers i fell asleep before the end. So much chaotic action tired me.. ;]
Should i drink good coffe before new avengers?

prometheus
04-27-2015, 07:16 AM
On last transformers i fell asleep before the end. So much chaotic action tired me.. ;]
Should i drink good coffe before new avengers?

What´s the point?
I mean...either it is god enough to keep you awake, then you need no coffe, if it´s to chaotic, you´d be better off sleeping through it:D

Waves of light
04-27-2015, 09:33 AM
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

I really enjoyed it. Better than the first and the VFX are excellent (especially the end scenes with the floating city).

Nice introduction to a number of new characters, so yer, not bad at all. Looks like they will do a Guardian's of the Galaxy 2 crossover, given the end credits).

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

djwaterman
04-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Every single effect was done using Lightwave, including all the live action, Poser was used for some of the more complicated character stuff, and Blender was used for the smoke and fluids. Wings 3D was used for Pre-vis and finger puppets utilized for the crowd sims. Robert Downey Jr made his own Iron Man suit out of tin foil and Stan Lee helped apply green body paint to Mark Ruffalo. Audience members were asked to supply their own 3D by crossing their eyes. Actually the ushers were trained to hum the musical soundtrack while the projectionist did all the voices and performed a shadow play with his hands.

Waves of light
04-27-2015, 09:56 AM
....while the projectionist did all the voices and performed a shadow play with his hands.

Man he was really good!

Kevbarnes
04-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Every single effect was done using Lightwave, including all the live action, Poser was used for some of the more complicated character stuff, and Blender was used for the smoke and fluids. Wings 3D was used for Pre-vis and finger puppets utilized for the crowd sims. Robert Downey Jr made his own Iron Man suit out of tin foil and Stan Lee helped apply green body paint to Mark Ruffalo. Audience members were asked to supply their own 3D by crossing their eyes. Actually the ushers were trained to hum the musical soundtrack while the projectionist did all the voices and performed a shadow play with his hands.

Really funny, best quote, lov it:ohmy:

vonpietro
04-27-2015, 02:49 PM
refreshments were still sold at $9 for some popcorn and a drink - all super sized per what marketing has figured out to be the desired amount of a typical American movie goer. Oh - butter was free - as much as you can put on top of the popcorn.

Davewriter
04-27-2015, 07:41 PM
refreshments were still sold at $9 for some popcorn and a drink - all super sized per what marketing has figured out to be the desired amount of a typical American movie goer. Oh - butter was free - as much as you can put on top of the popcorn.
Butter? Or yellow flavor stuff? :)

vonpietro
04-27-2015, 08:02 PM
i think its real butter at universal - as much calories as a big mac

by the way- ... would you like to play a game ..
does ultron realize the best solution is not to play the game. =)

erikals
05-03-2015, 08:03 AM
don't like the render of Ultron though, it looks... rendered...

but might watch it, and maybe he won't look that "3D" at the cinemas

just saw it, the 3D renders looked... rendered...

Ultron - looked rendered
Hulkbuster - looked rendered
Hulk - looked rendered

...but, darn cool movie

vonpietro
05-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Is ultron just a jarvis clone gone bad?

bazsa73
05-03-2015, 01:25 PM

I could watch a movie like this.

Dexter2999
05-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Is ultron just a jarvis clone gone bad?

No

Davewriter
05-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Perhaps I'm just too much a nerd. In looking at Ultron speak, I kept getting caught up with his oh, so flexible metal "lips."
In the comics, the inside of his mouth was a burning, churning energy... something. This could have A) been a really Kool visual thing and B) helped us tell Real Ultron from any of the rest of the army.
And I don't know if it's just me... the theatre I was in... the way the sound was mixed... or the meds I took, but there seemed as if a good amount of the dialog was mumbled. I saw it in Imax, so it was Really LOUD mumbles. I'm just thinking that there are some sweet Josh Wedon jokes in there that I missed. The type of stuff that really made the first film special for me.

Dexter2999
05-03-2015, 08:39 PM
Perhaps I'm just too much a nerd. In looking at Ultron speak, I kept getting caught up with his oh, so flexible metal "lips."

Bothered me as well. I chose to focus on his eyes while he spoke. And as much as I enjoy James Spader, Ultron seemed a little too "human".
I am comic book nerd from the 80's and most of the stuff now is kind of "fast and loose" interpretations of the original source material not really intended for codgers like me. But with all the liberties taken with the story and characters, I will say there is still an underlying "respect" for the material and for the viewers in Joss Whedon's work. And that is what sets it apart from movies I think of as "cash grabs".

Mr_Q
05-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Zoic Studios hasn't had Lightwave in-house for some time. The last team using it was the CSI: team and that left around 3 to 4 years ago.

Sorry, no LW at Zoic.

Ernest
05-05-2015, 01:24 AM
B) helped us tell Real Ultron from any of the rest of the army.

But there was no real Ultron and/or rest of the army. Ultron was a distributed process running all the hardware.

Dexter2999
05-05-2015, 02:34 PM
But there was no real Ultron and/or rest of the army. Ultron was a distributed process running all the hardware.

Wonder how much an Ultron node costs? Tied to the machine or floating licenses?

vonpietro
05-06-2015, 08:50 PM
how many movies have used this plot device - the rogue computer
Wargames (would you like to play a game), that movie about a stealth aircraft that goes bonkers, several star gate episodes, star trek kirk m5 episode, dr who episode (i forgot which one), 2000001, I think buck rodgers had an episode too.
i'm sure i'm missing a few here.

and in real life - BOT ATTACKS on websites seems close to what a computer attack would be. Oh and the virus designed to cripple iran's centrifuges. (these are not rogue though)

motivalex
05-06-2015, 11:59 PM

Ultron would make a very good 'remote' render farm :)

MAUROCOR
05-07-2015, 06:00 AM
I liked a lot this movie but I still prefer the first Avengers. I agree about the "soft" lips of Ultron, it was very strange. I also agree about Ultron and Iron Man looked "rendered" characters. And to be honest I think Ultron was not villain enough in this movie. He was muttering all the time. But I have to admit that I loved the Vision. WOW, what a great character. Wonderful adaptation from comics to the big screen.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111146030/3996318-0590945311-tumbl.gif http://wdwnt.com/wp-content/uploads/collagevdsfdsfds.jpg