PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic force ?

seghier
04-26-2015, 02:16 AM
since years i tried sketchyphysics in sketchup ; the plugin can do very nice physics like magnetic force
i want to create spheres connected with magentic force .
can lightwave do that ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIGvrUzgTms

Sensei
04-26-2015, 03:55 AM
It looks cool.
But it's physics only in title:
where are standard physics units for parameters?
Ferromagnetic? Paramagnetic? Diamagnetic?
Mass of body (it influence acceleration)?
Polarization?

No, LW doesn't have real nor fake physics simulator AFAIK.

prometheus
04-26-2015, 05:09 AM
It looks cool.
But it's physics only in title:
where are standard physics units for parameters?
Ferromagnetic? Paramagnetic? Diamagnetic?
Mass of body (it influence acceleration)?
Polarization?

No, LW doesn't have real nor fake physics simulator AFAIK.

donīt you put bullet in the fake physics simulator category?

seghier
04-26-2015, 05:24 AM
this plugin is old ; i don't know if it work with actual version of sketchup and i don't use it since years
so for details is better if you test it or see some tutorials and examples ; i see excellent works dont with this plugin

seghier
04-26-2015, 05:26 AM
can we do that with flocking ? i think i see some thing like that

prometheus
04-26-2015, 09:26 AM
can we do that with flocking ? i think i see some thing like that

I think negative forces is more something like what you might want....check the lightwave page videos of bullet forces. (ahh...itīs only showcased in some of itīs release reels)
Try this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRKkjBTKdc

Michael

seghier
04-26-2015, 01:54 PM
thank you
i will see it

seghier
04-26-2015, 02:20 PM
very nice video ; i find that also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4QtvrYPiQ
but i don't understand how they use negative force !
i will try

jboudreau
04-26-2015, 04:19 PM
very nice video ; i find that also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4QtvrYPiQ
but i don't understand how they use negative force !
i will try

Hi Seighier

Here is a scene using Bullet Dynamics with a negative force, giving you a magnet force effect, Just press play on the timeline

Hope this helps

Thanks
Jason

seghier
04-26-2015, 07:06 PM
many thanks Jason :)
thanks alot for your help

seghier
04-26-2015, 11:48 PM
test to create grapes
grapes have different weights to get the right shape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTm9iyr88nc

is collision possible between rigidbody instances ?

prometheus
04-27-2015, 04:00 AM
test to create grapes
grapes have different weights to get the right shape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTm9iyr88nc

is collision possible between rigidbody instances ?

As to what I know, no instanced(volume copied) object can work with bullet dynamics.
Normally copied objects will work since that is geometry.

Modo has implemented dynamics for instanced objects, so it might be possible for the lw team to deliver that in the future, but currently..I donīt think so.

Michael

seghier
04-27-2015, 05:25 AM
thanks; i hope this feature added in future
blender have nice addon called molecular ; allow collision between particle

prometheus
04-27-2015, 07:21 AM
thanks; i hope this feature added in future
blender have nice addon called molecular ; allow collision between particle

Donīt know about that one, but particles have been able to collide with each other for ages in lightwaves old native particleFX system, If you check self collision, and also set a particle radius size influence..(by default it is set to 0)

The flocking (particle system) can use various ways to behave like flocking,swarm, etc..and you can use instances or real copies of the same object on the flocking particle system, and you can use instances or real copies on the older standard particle system too.

About dynamic instances in modo, I believe the core system in modo dynamcs is the bullet engine as well...and I suspect a lot of the general code in modo might be based on the lightwave code, the modo lux team is the same guys who worked previously with lightwave in itīs infant stage.
So I wouldnīt be surprised if someone comes up with a dynamic fix so it works with instances too in Lightwave.

Michael

seghier
04-27-2015, 10:46 AM
thank you
i will try with particle when i replace them with spheres or any objects.
modo i don't try it

seghier
04-27-2015, 05:06 PM
i created emitter and small sphere than i applied instance generator but i don't find option to made particles collide with each other
i found in youtube a nice work and i tried it : can this create bubbles / foam ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z2Sj7y-Bp0

i followed these steps :
I have two layers -
a big sphere,
and one with a few dozen small ones.
Added a Null object,
added the Gravity effector under the dynamics tab.
Set the "Gravity Mode" to Point.
Added a Collision effector to the big sphere and an HardFX effector to the small ones.
To get the small spheres to roll over the surface of the big sphere the whole secret is...
to animate the point gravity 'off-center' (of the big sphere) -
that's why it is on a separate Null. That's all... :)

seghier
04-27-2015, 07:12 PM
hardfx effector test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYFGd_REr2A

seghier
04-27-2015, 07:58 PM
render with maxwell

erikals
04-28-2015, 02:29 AM
hey, nice render! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

seghier
04-28-2015, 02:32 AM

seghier
04-28-2015, 05:45 AM
adding branches with DP tree

seghier
04-28-2015, 05:16 PM

MonroePoteet
04-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Wow! Very nice!

mTp

seghier
04-28-2015, 07:47 PM

prometheus
04-29-2015, 07:34 AM
nice work...looking nice indeed.

Also interesting workflow approach on how you create the branches based on the results of the simulated spheres, so it is the simulation of the spheres which determines how the branching goes, havenīt tried that...but will look in to it.

regarding particle collision, have to wait a few hours before I can test at home, and maybe get back with clarification.

seghier
04-29-2015, 09:12 AM
thank you :) ; i wait your results.
after created branches i added them to the rigid bodies simulation to avoid intersection with the spheres
i try another method :
after animation without branches i replace sphere in modeler by one small polygon ( autoupdate in layout ; very nice feature :) )
than i recreate the branches ; that avoid bad intersection with spheres

prometheus
04-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Sorry....have to hit the sack and sleep now..maybe tomorrow.

the interaction tab is located after generator/particle/motion/etc/rotation/interaction...try set self interaction to bounce, also make sure detect interaction is on, you also need to calculate it with the calculate button or else it wonīt work.
But you also need to go to the particle tab and check show size and output size, then you also have to set the particle size to desired influence radius.

the next story is to have it behave as you want...but that is another story, not today:D

This is assuming you are using the native particle emitter, not flocking.

I think the old particle interaction might be to jittery and hard to control though, compared to bullet dynamics. unless you aim for very large number of objects..you might as well go with bullet anyway, and if still would use particles and instances..the self interaction at such high amount of particles would be sooo slow.

seghier
04-29-2015, 04:24 PM
thank you :)
ok i will try that tomorrow

seghier
04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Grapes new render
texture and uv mapping with blender ; rendered with Maxwell
render time : 6h 20m

http://i.imgbox.com/WKuwlwjJ.jpg

seghier
05-01-2015, 07:11 AM
multilight with maxwell

https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11165079_817948581615272_2266777805679850833_o.jpg

prometheus
05-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Darn good looking grapes, almost makes me wanna buy some today.

The maxwell renders though..very long rendertime, do you use maxwell standalone, or the plugin for lightwave, and if using the plugin, isnīt the fire plugin much faster?

Michael

jwiede
05-01-2015, 12:29 PM

That's a really beautiful render, the tonality and softness is just spot on, thanks for posting it!

Maxwell renders are time-consuming, but so worth the time spent in most cases, IME. I'm having a great time with Maxwell v3.

jwiede
05-01-2015, 12:41 PM
The maxwell renders though..very long rendertime

You might be surprised, once you enable everything that is generally present in Maxwell renders (if you even can), you'll be hard-pressed to deliver an equivalent quality render from other engines that much quicker. Sure, you can turn off a lot of the visual niceties and get something faster, but it won't have near the richness, depth, etc. present in the Maxwell render after you do so.

When it comes to absolute visual render quality and verisimilitude, Maxwell's still very, very difficult to beat (IMO), esp. when you factor in surfacing / imaging config time.

seghier
05-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Darn good looking grapes, almost makes me wanna buy some today.

The maxwell renders though..very long rendertime, do you use maxwell standalone, or the plugin for lightwave, and if using the plugin, isnīt the fire plugin much faster?

Michael

the plugin need to fix it because always crash lightwave
i use it only to export the scenes
all grappes in maxwell are instances .
fire is quick render to give quick preview only and yes i use standalone version with plugins .
gor the time ; in my laptop or render engines are slow : cycles ; mental ray ; vray and setup lights with material need long time than maxwell render time
in this scene one render with different lights ; and possibility to modify color ; change camera responses ; change light color ....
in other render engine we need many tests or renders to get the best lighting.
and everyone like what he use as render engine or software :)
there is also fluidray rt ; very fast but need more quality

seghier
05-01-2015, 03:59 PM
That's a really beautiful render, the tonality and softness is just spot on, thanks for posting it!

Maxwell renders are time-consuming, but so worth the time spent in most cases, IME. I'm having a great time with Maxwell v3.

v3 have nice features to control colors
i like maxwell renders quality ; when artist draw something or modeling something he spend long time ; days or weeks or months ; so why we like quick render :)
i use maxwell always for personal projects
for commercial projects i use cycles in blender because clients needs quick works with nice views.

seghier
05-01-2015, 04:02 PM
You might be surprised, once you enable everything that is generally present in Maxwell renders (if you even can), you'll be hard-pressed to deliver an equivalent quality render from other engines that much quicker. Sure, you can turn off a lot of the visual niceties and get something faster, but it won't have near the richness, depth, etc. present in the Maxwell render after you do so.

When it comes to absolute visual render quality and verisimilitude, Maxwell's still very, very difficult to beat (IMO), esp. when you factor in surfacing / imaging config time.

yes you are right