PDA

View Full Version : Adobe to buy foundry

blindsided
04-26-2015, 01:26 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/privateequity/11562472/Adobe-eyes-200m-bid-for-British-visual-effects-firm-The-Foundry.html

hrgiger
04-26-2015, 03:06 AM
Already a thread in LightWave Community section.

jburford
04-26-2015, 12:54 PM
To Buy? I read, is wanting to make an offer for. Most certainly others will be interested in making the purchase. As long as it is not PMG, all is well! :-)

blindsided
04-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Already a thread in LightWave Community section.

Apologies I should learn not to post on my phone makes searching painful!

- - - Updated - - -

To Buy? I read, is wanting to make an offer for. Most certainly others will be interested in making the purchase. As long as it is not PMG, all is well! :-)

Apparently its a done deal, although I did hear foundry are only allowing Adobe to use their software, staff and facilities for an ongoing monthly fee :)

50one
04-27-2015, 05:24 AM
Pretty cool! Cannot wait to copy/paste stuff from Flash/Ai/Photoshop/Dreamweaver direclty into Modo/Nuke whatever.

mav3rick
04-27-2015, 06:50 AM
lol ... c/p from telegraph page

.....The company has recently launched a concept design software product called Modo.... :) pretty much how foundry look at modo too...

also i am wondering how much people will buy into new modo 901 after this.. probable none since they should get it with CC subscription.

50one
04-27-2015, 07:13 AM
lol ... c/p from telegraph page

.....The company has recently launched a concept design software product called Modo.... :) pretty much how foundry look at modo too...

also i am wondering how much people will buy into new modo 901 after this.. probable none since they should get it with CC subscription.

I for one will be waiting for the ownership situation to clear, I know what to expect from 901 and there's no rush.

spherical
04-27-2015, 10:45 PM

As specifically stated by those in the know ( Modo execs, devs and spokespersons ) nothing is changing with the 901 licensing from previous versions. MAY in future versions, as all bets are off at that point once the new suits take over but, for this version, it has been promised that everything stays as it has been and even gets relaxed in certain situations involving Floating/Node choices. Enough of us have read these disclosures when the original fears ran rampant, They can't go back on it now or suffer extremely bad PR. ... not that that bothers Adobe .... but, still....