PDA

View Full Version : Kind of important about Mars...

shrox
04-25-2015, 04:19 PM
I was involved in an urgent discussion with some NASA professionals yesterday evening, we were trying to answer this important question: what is the minimum number of pubs there would have to be, and how far apart should they be to have a pub crawl on Mars?

I said three pubs in a triangle about 70 yards apart.

prometheus
04-25-2015, 04:50 PM
The important question for me is if they serve cider or not, never been hooked on beer.

by the way, some days ago I got a newsletter from a computer magazine over here in sweden, describing it in the article that the Mars one project is most likely to be a pipe dream, vapor dream?
It seems that the 100 selecties was mostly interviewed through skype and the questions seemed to have more focus on how much many the selecties could gather to the project, they do get points for that or something like that.
And up till now they only have around 0,1% gathered of what they need for the project...how much of it that is true I donīt know, just the article stating all that.

Michael

c.1
04-25-2015, 06:55 PM
There must be some North West IPA on tap or the mission would surely fail, regardless of the number of pubs.

Vong
04-25-2015, 09:11 PM
One of them has to be called "The World's End".

tyrot
04-26-2015, 05:34 AM
dude i am fan of your topics.. cheers!

gerry_g
04-26-2015, 06:03 AM
and the other two pubs would be 'The Half Moon' and 'The Rising Sun' and it would have to be Draft Guinness or nothing, not the crap British or American pasteurised version but the true Irish live yeast version the way I remember it from the sixties

shrox
04-26-2015, 10:57 AM
and the other two pubs would be 'The Half Moon' and 'The Rising Sun' and it would have to be Draft Guinness or nothing, not the crap British or American pasteurised version but the true Irish live yeast version the way I remember it from the sixties

Oh yes, Guinness.

jasonwestmas
04-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Those martians better start growing crops to support all that alcohol! Or are you suggesting warp technology is coming for fast imports.

shrox
04-26-2015, 01:15 PM
One important thing is the suits and the pub-hab must be the same pressure, so there is no waiting for compression cycles as you come and go through the airlock. I'd also prefer to expand the number of pub-habs to 5 and have them arrayed in a circle. And I'd like some sourdough bread, cheese and olive oil.