PDA

View Full Version : Object Transparency from Image

FutureUser
04-23-2015, 10:19 AM
So I have an object with transparency coming from an image (the arrow strip) (this actually came from another example for which I wish I could find the thread!), and another object with simply a constant transparency. The problem I'm having is that where the two overlap the arrow strip's transparency isn't correct. It shows up properly in the VPR render but not actual renders. I've spent about two hours on this so far and I have to believe the answer is something simple/known. I don't do much with nodes yet so I'm at a loss as to whether they are the cause or something else.

First time posting with attachments, hopefully the scene and preview image both work. Thanks in advance for any help!

MonroePoteet
04-23-2015, 10:44 AM
You can either set the Barn surface to Double Sided, or set the Exclude from VStack on that surface. I don't understand why the "Volume Stacking" (i.e. VStack) described in the manual would produce this artifact, but excluding the "Barn" surface from the Volume Stack seems to fix the problem

mTp

FutureUser
04-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Wow, that was fast! Fixed it, guess I have to look into VStacking a bit. Thank you!

RudySchneider
04-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Just curious...

Why are the shadows of the arrows on the ball in the reverse direction from those in your strip? Or are they totally unrelated?

spherical
04-23-2015, 03:41 PM
The shadows near the center of the egg are from the blue arrows to the far left.

RudySchneider
04-23-2015, 11:31 PM
Ah, yes. Silly me.