PDA

View Full Version : Slow Playback

fox56wolf
04-23-2015, 09:14 AM
We just got a new 3Play 440, and we're trying to get used to the new controller, coming from the TW-42. It seems that I can't start a clip at slow speed; I have to start it at full speed, and then reduce it with the t-bar once it starts playing. I've noticed that if I set the t-bar at 75%, and then try playing a clip, it starts at 100% and I can't change it until I move the t-bar back to 100% first. Perhaps this is just a bug in the latest software? I would think the t-bar value should hold based on it's position. We really miss the speed buttons.

fox56wolf
04-23-2015, 09:22 AM
looking at things online, it makes me wish Newtek would take a step back and re-release this version controller with an added # pad:

SBowie
04-23-2015, 10:07 AM
The T-Bar is working as designed. I understand the unfamiliarity, but this was based on quite a bit of discussion with seasoned replay operators. In broad terms, they wanted the T-Bar motion to initiate playback, not just control the speed ... basically, just grab the handle and go, no need to press Play. The implementation is different than TW, to be sure, but similar to the way other developers handle things.

You could probably craft a macros to initiate play at set speeds, mind you.

fox56wolf
04-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Figures... what we liked about 3play (other than price, of course) was that it was easier to learn than the "other developers" since we use a lot of freelancers for our productions. Most of our people that do replay, use 3Play in other venues. With the older style controllers, I felt that I, with really no replay experience, could sit down and fairly easily control the unit as desired; now however, I feel I need training to learn it. It just doesn't seem as user-friendly as the older models. We are really quite disappointed.

kanep
04-23-2015, 11:11 AM
If this is a 3PLAY 440, why not just put the t-bar at zero, then pull it up to the slow speed you want? You don't have to go to 100% to start playback. Otherwise a macro is a good way if you want to directly play a preset speed, you can assign the macro to one of the 10 number keys on the keypad to trigger it.