PDA

View Full Version : Modeling toolset by Toolchefs

Piddu
04-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Hi everybody,
this is Daniele from Toolchefs LTD.
We just released a new modeling toolset for LW.
https://www.toolchefs.com/?portfolio=modeling-toolset

Please come and have a look!

Ciao!

cestrum
04-22-2015, 02:04 AM
Hi Daniele,
I just got your Modeling Toolset.
It seems a great stuff.
Now I'm going to work with it and I look forward to see other incredible and useful tools from you and from ToolChefs.

In bocca al lupo!
Ciao

Lewis
04-22-2015, 02:40 AM
Thanks for info.

One quick question about Slide tool. I can't see fully from video but it seems that there is NO numeric options for slide - is that correct or it's hidden by cropped screen recordings? Also can it slide points also ?

hrgiger
04-22-2015, 02:53 AM
Link is not working for me.

lightscape
04-22-2015, 04:06 AM
So it is from Daniele Federico. Good to see you back, from xsi? :D
DF_Primitive Generator was pretty cool.
DF_Weld plugs was indispensible in the lw 9 days.

gerry_g
04-22-2015, 04:47 AM
like the lattice but not so crazy about the rest though for price not outrageous would probe pay that for lattice alone

Piddu
04-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone.
Thanks for your replies.

Thanks for info.

One quick question about Slide tool. I can't see fully from video but it seems that there is NO numeric options for slide - is that correct or it's hidden by cropped screen recordings? Also can it slide points also ?

You're right, the numberic panel has no options at the moment. The slide works with multiple selections and in loop mode with no need of extra options. The next releases might have some though, depending also from the feedback we are going to receive.

So it is from Daniele Federico. Good to see you back, from xsi? :D
DF_Primitive Generator was pretty cool.
DF_Weld plugs was indispensible in the lw 9 days.

My XSI days were short. All the studios I worked for in the past years used Maya. :)

Daniele

CaptainMarlowe
04-22-2015, 01:36 PM
I like the lattice tool, seems pretty handy.

jwiede
04-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Will the toolset work at all in LW releases prior to 2015?

willin
04-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Is the license tied to the lw dongle(lw license) or the machine. If is tied to the machine it would be a deal breaker for me.

Piddu
04-23-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi everyone!

Will the toolset work at all in LW releases prior to 2015?

I just double checked and it should be working in LW 11 too! Previous versions won't work though as they were compiled with an incompatible version of tbb.

Is the license tied to the lw dongle(lw license) or the machine. If is tied to the machine it would be a deal breaker for me.

Our licenses are linked to a machine. If it's a matter of wanting to use the same license among networked machines you could install our License Server.
I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Daniele

tommyc
04-23-2015, 11:28 AM
How do you configure the others machines to look to the license server for a license?

Piddu
04-24-2015, 04:44 AM
How do you configure the others machines to look to the license server for a license?

Hi!
Please drop us an email at [email protected] and we'll help you in setting everything up.
It's basically a couple of enviroment variables to set. We are working on easier way to set it up, but it will take a bit of time.
Thanks,
Daniele

Piddu
04-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone,
we just released an update for our Modeling toolset.
We changed the Lattice Tool so that:
- it works with symmetry.
- it works with polygon and point selections.
- you can use Shift and Ctrl to add and toggle the lattice handles selection.

This video shows the changes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjphGjrcMY

Thanks to everyone who is supporting us,
Daniele

lino.grandi
04-28-2015, 03:21 PM
The Lattice tool is totally awesome!

Cageman
04-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Really cool to see more third party joining in to support LW. :)

Looking forward to see what you guys will come up with in the future as well!

BokadCastle
04-28-2015, 04:23 PM
hell of a palava to download and install..."machine identifier"??

maybe in another lifetime, this one's too short!

Piddu
04-29-2015, 05:33 AM
hell of a palava to download and install..."machine identifier"??

maybe in another lifetime, this one's too short!

Yeah, sorry about that. We are currently improving the process for license requesting.

To request a free or purchase a free license, you'll need to follow the instructions at this page:
https://www.toolchefs.com/?page_id=6862

Basically, the steps are:
1) Download the plug-in, install it and load it into LW.
2) Activate the plug-in.
3) If you don't have a valid license a little GUI will pop-up, press one of the two buttons to request or purchase a license (make sure you're logged in on our website first). You'll be redirected to our website and all the form fields will be filled for you.
3) From there, you'll be able to finalize your request.

I hope this makes more sense. Any question, please write to us at [email protected]

Thanks,
Daniele

Lewis
04-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Hi, Is there a chance ot make it dongle locked instead machine locked ? I change computers and upgrade them way too often to have it locked to machine :(.

Thanks

Piddu
04-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Hey Lewis,
yes, we are looking into it and hopefully we'll have a solution soon.
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Daniele

Piddu
04-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Hey Lewis,

yeah we have plans for that but we have still some things to figure out.
We'll keep you posted!

Thanks,
Daniele

Lewis
04-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks, definitelly let me know. I need good Slide tool everyday (using two 3rd party ones currently but both are abandoned and have specific problems/crashes) but i need it on my laptop also and not just on workstation so dongle/serial is only way how would it work for me :).

cheers

tommyc
04-29-2015, 03:17 PM
+1 on tying the license to the LW lock id

BigHache
04-29-2015, 03:27 PM
+1 on LW lock ID. I signed up for your email, got the notice of the discount code and was going to buy until I got to the licensing part. :(

Greenlaw
04-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Same here. I often switch between my workstation and laptop, and sometimes I'm required to be on a third machine offsite. Currently, having my purchased commercial plug-ins tied to my Lightwave license works well for me.

Cool plugins, btw. Please keep up the great work!. :)

G.

Davewriter
04-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Same here. I often switch between my workstation and laptop, and sometimes I'm required to be on a third machine offsite. Currently, having my purchased commercial plug-ins tied to my Lightwave license works well for me.

Cool plugins, btw. Please keep up the great work!. :)

G.

And Daniele has to be about the Koolest person to work with.
Not only did she hold my hand, she probably too waaaaay too much time out just to insure that I was working and happy.
Big thumbs UP!

BokadCastle
04-29-2015, 11:09 PM
um...can I work with Daniele too?

Piddu
04-30-2015, 02:25 AM
And Daniele has to be about the Koolest person to work with.
Not only did she hold my hand, she probably too waaaaay too much time out just to insure that I was working and happy.
Big thumbs UP!

Ha ha ha! :D
David!!! I'm a male!!!

Italian names can be misleading, I know!

p.s. you made my morning!

Piddu
04-30-2015, 02:28 AM
um...can I work with Daniele too?

Hey, if you have any problem, drop us an email at [email protected] and we'll help you with everything.

By the way, all the people who already purchased a license will receive a 100% discount to buy another one once we'll have the dongle thing sorted out.

Thanks,
Daniele

Piddu
05-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone,
we just released a new version of this tool which now works with the dongle serial number.
The process to request/purchase a license remains as described at this page:
https://www.toolchefs.com/?page_id=6862

After receiving an email with the license file, you'll be able to install it on all your devices.

If you have a cracked version of LW or are using LW in discovery mode, the license will still be locked to your machine. A pop up will warn you if it thinks that's your case.

If you have any issue, please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks,
Daniele

tommyc
05-01-2015, 11:08 AM
I think you pasted the wrong link. that Autodesk page doesn't tell me anything about your plugins.

Piddu
05-01-2015, 11:25 AM
I think you pasted the wrong link. that Autodesk page doesn't tell me anything about your plugins.

Thanks Tommy, my bad! I fixed it.
If you bought this plug-in already, drop us an email and we'll give you a full discount. You don't need to buy it again.

Thanks,
Daniele

JohnMarchant
05-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Got these tools a few days ago and very happy. Will lattice ever be available to Layout as well. Look forward to seeing more updates. I noticed a new free tool, harmonic deformer, nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also are there any plans to update and release more of Daniele's older plugins, especially primitive generator and such.

tommyc
05-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Wow, I went to send them an email to get my 100% discount and there was already an email waiting for me with the discount code. I just re-installed the plugins with the new license and it works great.

now to uninstall the license server

Thanks!

Lewis
05-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Great and fast work.

Now onto Slide tool. Can you update it to work with numeric panel and points also ?

I have demo video of Slide tools i use currently in case you need to see what's needed an di can make you specific case usages to explain what and where ;). Just let me know would that be helpfull for tool update.

cheers

Piddu
05-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Great and fast work.

Now onto Slide tool. Can you update it to work with numeric panel and points also ?

I have demo video of Slide tools i use currently in case you need to see what's needed an di can make you specific case usages to explain what and where ;). Just let me know would that be helpfull for tool update.

cheers

Hi Lewis,
the tool is called EdgeSlider and it does not work with points. :)

Could you please elaborate about which parameters you would like to have exposed in the numeric panel?
The only thing which comes to my mind is the sliding factor.

Thanks,
Daniele

- - - Updated - - -

Got these tools a few days ago and very happy. Will lattice ever be available to Layout as well. Look forward to seeing more updates. I noticed a new free tool, harmonic deformer, nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Also are there any plans to update and release more of Daniele's older plugins, especially primitive generator and such.

Hi,
at the moment we don't have any plan for porting my old tools. For most of them, I don't even have the source code anymore.
Sorry!
Daniele

Lewis
05-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Hi Lewis,
the tool is called EdgeSlider and it does not work with points. :)

Sure i understand that but since LWModeler is not exactlly fully supporting edges (for instance UV window don't see/understand edges at all) but instead consider them as 2 points i hoped maybe you could expand tool to just be "SLIDE" so it could slide edges and points too :)

Could you please elaborate about which parameters you would like to have exposed in the numeric panel?
The only thing which comes to my mind is the sliding factor.

That's one of options but here it comes ideas list which i wanted for such tool since forever :).

1. Sliding factor in percentage
2. Sliding factor in cm/mm/and LW units (those tow just could be buttons)
3. Automatic WELDing and removing junk goemetry after weld (2-point and 1-point polys whcih LW weld tool creates)

JohnMarchant
05-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Thanks Daniele, what about Lattice in Layout, any plans for that.

jasonwestmas
05-02-2015, 12:27 PM
This is kind of like a lattice for layout. plus it's free.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?146542-Free-Toolchefs-Harmonic-Deformer-for-Lightwave

bobakabob
05-03-2015, 02:26 AM
Great to see new Modeler plugins for LW.

3rd Powers have Lattice for Layout and animated point manipulation through the use of custom cages.

Piddu
05-04-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi everyone,
we have just released few changes to the modeling toolset.

Lattice tool:
- axis-locked movement when holding down the CTRL button (as in most modeler tools)
- with Symmetry on: the handles on the Y axis won't move on the X axis to preserve the mesh symmetry

Edge Slider:
- added edge slider factor to the numeric panel

Thanks a lot,
Daniele