PDA

View Full Version : Saving surface presets with the S key. Is that gone in 2015?

lertola2
04-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Saving surface presets in the surface editor with the S key is not working for me in Lightwave 2015. Is this a bug or did they deliberately change that?

MSherak
04-16-2015, 02:52 PM
They removed it since it was hard coded and was conflicting with saving. Just right click on the sample and at the top of the list is Save Sample Preset.

-M

lertola2
04-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Wow that is bad. I am so used to saving presets with the S key that I do it without thinking. If it aint broke then they shouldn't fix it.

kopperdrake
04-16-2015, 04:39 PM
Funny - I thought I was going mad when it didn't work for me - thought I must've re-programmed the short cut by mistake!

04-16-2015, 04:51 PM
I taught that today - 11.63.

Too funny.

MSherak
04-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Also just double clicking the render sample will save a preset also.. (easier than a key)

erikals
04-16-2015, 06:11 PM
if someone made a LW script you could add a shortcut for it, think that should work...

it's possible to make an autohotkey script for it i guess, but it's a bit, "hacky"...

personally i'm ok with the removal, but i can see that some might still find it useful
but check (ask) if it's possible to make a script for it, if it is, someone should be able to help you in 1-2-3 i think...

lertola2
04-16-2015, 06:59 PM
I do find this very annoying because I save presets a lot. For every new job or new client I make a new preset library and then I constantly save new versions of the surfaces as I make changes. I certainly understand that some people did not like that it conflicted with the regular save key. But given that this was not a bug and it was a working feature that some of us used and liked then Newtek should have either left it alone or provided an option to turn it on or off.

erikals
04-16-2015, 08:17 PM
bit late here, but if you can't find a solution, i can make a AHK script i believe tomorrow

...granted you are using a PC

Snosrap
04-16-2015, 09:47 PM
It probably should be customisable in some way - I'll give you that - but I'm glad it went away, I've got tons of presets I don't want. :)

spherical
04-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Same here! May not have been a "bug" but it sure was an annoying "feature". Good riddance; hopefully forever. That there is a quick way to deliberately save presets seems a small price to pay for not having most everyone else have to periodically clean out their preset shelf because a hotkey meant two different things. I consider having a dedicated, unchanging hotkey for saving to be a priority over anything else for that key.