PDA

View Full Version : LW 2015.2 MultiEXR bug

Axis3d
04-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Anyone else notice that the Compositing Buffer Export > LW_OpenEXR_MultiFP and LW_OpenEXR_MultiHALF are not saving the beauty pass? The buffer channels are saved, but the actual image from the render is not. Can anyone confirm this? This worked in 11.6.3

lardbros
04-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Definitely worth logging as a bug! Does the same here on 2015.2 and 2015.1

Just testing in 11.6.2...

it does the same in 11.6.2 for me!

BUT... I just noticed a check-box that needs to be checked in order to get the RGBA output into the .EXR.

In the Comp Buffer Export, there is a checkbox called 'Save RGBA in MultiExr'.
This seems to become unchecked randomly, I'm still trying to figure out when and why.

Axis3d
04-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Already logged

lardbros
04-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Actually, this is a weird one... in older versions we had that checkbox above, but it's gone since 2015.
Guess the other way is to output the buffer Colour Corrected RGBA?!

Cool... glad it's been reported.

ianr
04-29-2015, 09:19 AM
While your at it guys would you tag on
that EXR libs need an update ,
the Lucas Arts Revision is 2.2
OURS are way old its hindering
stuff like a Houdini engine write.

Cheers

jwiede
05-02-2015, 04:19 PM
LW3DG need to fix the CBE issue mentioned, no question, and it'd be nice to have LW use more recent OpenEXR libs as well.

I think users planning to do any substantial quantity of work involving EXRs should look into db&w's exrTrader plugin (http://www.db-w.com/products/exrtrader/about), as well. I find it makes working with EXRs in LW much more pleasant, and more reliable. The plugin isn't particularly expensive (~49), and I think its layered output UX is much more convenient than fighting with CompositingBufferExport, particularly w.r.t. exrTrader's preset templates. LW's OpenEXR support has improved greatly, but I still find exrTrader significantly more efficient, and db&w integrate new OpenEXR versions/features much faster, IME.

Just a suggestion.

lardbros
05-05-2015, 12:08 PM
This is the response from my bug report. I figured this out, but I'm not sure why it's not just ticked by default. Anyway, here is what the devs said:

OpenExr's save their beauty pass in channels called RGBA.
So to save the beauty pass data, you need to select RGBA when saving.
If you prefer the color corrected version, Open the Color Corrected RGBA tab.
Rename CC.R CC.G CC.B CC.A to R G B A.
Those names for the channels are saved into the OpenExr.
If you are using an application that needs different names for the channels,
you can rename them also.