PDA

View Full Version : How to the rotation Instances node using vector ?

Rajce
04-14-2015, 04:02 AM
Hello,
I have this idea
.... How to determine the rotation Instances node using vector ????
I think if I had created in Modeler two-point polygons that would determine the position and rotation vector. In Instancing Node editor would then have had to say to differentiate the even and odd points (odd point = position, even point = vector direction) and from them calculate vector rotation.
I would like to use this example for positioning and rotation streetlights in the city block.
With his experience in the Node editor to something I do not dare, but I believe that some of you would know how this "build".

Thanks for your help, sorry for my bad English.

Sanchon
04-14-2015, 04:07 AM
You can assign rotation information to point using weight map and after that translate weight map value to vector rotation value in instancer node editor

Rajce
04-14-2015, 05:19 AM
Weight Map I come as a clumsy solution .... I would have to manually calculate all the rotation angle and by him specify weight.
If it were from the vector 2-poly, so it's easier. Just prepare by using LWCadu line from DWG drawing.

Rajce
04-16-2015, 05:22 AM
OK ... could anyone advise me how to properly use a weight map rotation for instance? The best way that I outsourced the weight map values measured angles and they correctly apply for rotation in H ?

lertola2
04-16-2015, 07:14 AM
If you want to assign the rotation of instances in modeler just put a little quad polygon at each point where you want the instances. Make one edge of the quad shorter than the others. Then you in Layout you can put instances on each of the polygons and on the rotation tab in the instance properties you can set the alignment to Edge Aligned. The instances will then be oriented along the polygon normal and point its heading at the shortest side of the polygon.

Rajce
04-16-2015, 07:53 AM
@lertola2 : SUPER ANSWER, Thank You a lot