PDA

View Full Version : DVR 12 and Fusion 8 announced

CaptainMarlowe
04-13-2015, 01:26 PM
DVR seems to become pretty robust on the editing part.
And cross platform, too, with a Linux version.
Fusion 8 should be released in a few months with Linux and Mac support, according to their newsletter.
Cool !

Greenlaw
04-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Wow, already for Fusion 8? That's pretty cool. Although, I'm still using Fusion 6 because our render farm is currently set up for it and we just aren't ready to upgrade our two licenses yet. I was thinking of upgrading one of our Fusion 6 licenses to Fusion 7 pretty soon but now I guess I should just wait for 8. Looking forward to it though.

Thanks for the update. Have they revealed a new features list yet?

G.

stoecklem
04-13-2015, 04:06 PM
I don't believe there are actually any new features.. just mac and linux support.

Tartiflette
04-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Yoohoo, Fusion for Mac OS X, now THAT is some great news ! :santa:

For me, even if there is almost nothing new in this release (but with BMD i really doubt it, given their track record on DVR !) i'm sold as Fusion for Mac is really what i was waiting for.
And when you know how capable this software (so much under marketed !) was even in version 5, you just have to jump around everywhere in your office when you see this kind news !! :dance:

Now the most difficult part will be to wait until it's released ! :D

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette. :)

Greenlaw
04-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Ah, okay. Thanks. I'll upgrade to whichever one is current when I'm ready then. :)

CaptainMarlowe
04-13-2015, 11:19 PM
There's a lot of new features for DVR 12, but nothing announced yet for Fusion 8. So maybe it's only Mac and Linux or maybe there will be more features. Right now the newsletter only says it is due latter this year but that there will perhaps be a public beta before.
As for DVR, 100 people worked on the 12 version. That's quite impressive. If they put as many workforce in Fusion, that could be cool. Right now, DVR 12 seems to be a real serious editor.

BTW, BMD has also announced some cool new cameras. If I had money and not to focus it in my current apps and computer updates, I would certainly buy their entry cameras.
I especially like this one : https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/fr/products/blackmagicmicrocinemacamera
We've been testing drones for after action reviews at my work lately, at it gives really interesting results.

calilifestyle
04-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Not sure how i missed DVR but i just noticed that it's a Video editor am i correct.

Tartiflette
04-14-2015, 01:59 AM
Not sure how i missed DVR but i just noticed that it's a Video editor am i correct.
Yes, since version 11 there is an editor beside the color correction tools that are still the main part of the app.
And it seems they have enhanced the editing part for version 12 so that will probably be a good editing software as well.
And as the lite version is still free for a really small part of the "pro" software not available it's really a great deal !

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette. :)

Netvudu
04-16-2015, 04:44 AM
does DVR now export OMF at all, for ProTools support? That was stopped me for using it for editing so far....

Areyos Alektor
04-19-2015, 10:43 AM
To Fusion it isn't a major release (for Windows) but an update at the same for the .5 / .6 / .7

They decided to appoint V8 to signify the fact that it's now edited by BlackMagic Design and no longer Eyeon.

The big new is obviously the walkway on MAC and Linux (prior to version Studio as Resolve).